Health Issues (US) Obamacare (Affordable Care Act)

^ Makes me wonder how much I overpaid for my treatments last year. I was so tired/stressed that I didn't really inspect the bills too closely; I just wrote and mailed checks.

My sister spends a lot of time in the hospital and she goes over all the bills she receives. There are always charges on there for treatments and medications she never got while in the hospital.

It's a shame how we incentivize such behavior. If we cut all benefits, I'm pretty sure babies would think twice before being born to poor parents.
More humans means more animal cruelty. I love your loyalty towards animal rights.

More humans means more animal cruelty. I love your loyalty towards animal rights.

Humans are animals, silly. We might be frequently unthinkingly cruel to other animals, on a scale other animals aren't technologically capable of, but we're still animals, and I'm not going to advocate that keeping children in poverty is a good method of population control.

I would bet that by providing poor children with adequate food, shelter, educational opportunities, and a future, we'd do more to reduce future population growth than by forcing them to scavenge at the lowest rungs of society.

Mother Jones picking a few examples out of hundreds of thousands to make a Democrat look better. They have good articles once in a while, but this wasn't one of them. He still lied. When you're lying about one issue you're probably lying about many others as well(which he has).

Why are you so hostile to Democrats?

Why are you so hostile to Democrats?
They've looked the other way in regards to overpopulation(which will cause a horrible crisis down the road), animal cruelty, and war. I could give a very long list if I wanted to, but I'll stop there for the time being. If chickens wouldn't vote for them, that alone tells me they're no good.

They've looked the other way in regards to overpopulation(which will cause a horrible crisis down the road), animal cruelty, and war. I could give a very long list if I wanted to, but I'll stop there for the time being. If chickens wouldn't vote for them, that alone tells me they're no good.

Chickens wouldn't vote for 99% of the people out there. Most of us consider drumsticks to be tasty, a few of us only eat the eggs from them as they are locked inside their little cages and turned into stew or chicken soup or dog food at the end of their productive lives, and a very few of us avoid eggs altogether, but even then, if we're not out there picketing the farms, I'm pretty sure the chickens still consider us traitors.

Reactions: nigel1
Pretty sure overpopulation is a republican/tea party problem. They're the ones trying to keep birth control out of the hands of women, and trying to make abortion illegal or impossible to get.

Reactions: thefadedone
Pretty sure overpopulation is a republican/tea party problem. They're the ones trying to keep birth control out of the hands of women, and trying to make abortion illegal or impossible to get.
The key word is trying. Republicans tend to have more children, while Democrats have changed the US immigration policy which has drastically increased our population. Both have reponsibility.

The key word is trying. Republicans tend to have more children, while Democrats have changed the US immigration policy which has drastically increased our population. Both have reponsibility.

It's a shame that Democrats keep allowing immigration from Mars, which really does contribute to Earth's overpopulation.

Reactions: Amy SF
It's a shame that Democrats keep allowing immigration from Mars, which really does contribute to Earth's overpopulation.
As I've said before, the United States suffering from a crisis because of overpopulation will cause far greater problems to the world than a country like Mexico suffering from a crisis because of overpopulation. Given the amount of food the United States produces for other countries, the last thing the world needs is a crisis in the United States.

A post from a FB friend...encouraging at least.

ma4usyse.jpg

nu4azage.jpg

There's around 320,000,000 Americans. Of course you're going to have some good experiences.

If you're unemployed and have not had any health insurance, where do you go for any news on next year's changes?

As I've said before, the United States suffering from a crisis because of overpopulation will cause far greater problems to the world than a country like Mexico suffering from a crisis because of overpopulation. Given the amount of food the United States produces for other countries, the last thing the world needs is a crisis in the United States.

It's not like Mexico City was called "the most polluted city in the world" or anything.

While Americans could be doing more to live sustainably, we're also one of the richest countries on the planet, and we have been making vast strides to improve things. We're far less likely to tolerate horrible pollution, deforestation or killing off of species than developing nations. While we're not always prone to apply the same criteria to imported products, even that is improving, e.g. the rise of fair-trade, sustainable goods.

As strongly as you feel about the benefit to nonhumans of as many people as possible living in third world countries rather than the U.S., it really puzzles me why you haven't done your bit for animals and moved to a third world country. Or do believe it's appropriate for others to live like that, but not for you to do so?

As strongly as you feel about the benefit to nonhumans of as many people as possible living in third world countries rather than the U.S., it really puzzles me why you haven't done your bit for animals and moved to a third world country. Or do believe it's appropriate for others to live like that, but not for you to do so?
Send me a message in my inbox if you want an answer. I'd be happy to give you a long answer to your post.

News thus far for Obamacare has been very negative. I'm sure Republicans are very happy.