US US Politics 2024

I've been looking over a couple of polls done with undecided voters. One by ABC and one by NYT. The general impression I got is that the debate did not move the needle much.
I don't really get it.
I guess part of it is on me. I don't really get how you could be a Trumper unless you are a racist.
And even when Biden was in the race - is there anything that Trump was better than Biden.
Now that Biden is out - and Harris is in. it seems to me that any concern those voters could have is gone.
The one thing that I kept seeing is that the some of the members of the focus group wanted more detail about Harris's plans. Granted details are important but I'm thinking just as a candidate, character and general principals are the key things. and we have known why NOT to vote for Trump for like 10 years.

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC
Trump's fans will never be swayed away from him. That's just the way it is. The undecided voters are the ones that will sway the vote. I think Taylor Swift's declaration may help with the younger voters. They just need to get out there and vote!

What's wrong with me?!... I was planning to listen to the debate last night at 9:00 PM, but wound up listening to oldies on the sofa. Granted, I was tired, but still... I'm sure there's a video someplace. I heard a summary/critique of it this morning on the news, and they reported that Trump didn't do well.

From everything I'm seeing on Facebook, right wing media sources say Trump wiped the floor with Kamala while left wing media said Kamala won the debate by a landslide. Each side is accusing the other of not answering the questions or addressing the important issues. It's so frustrating. I need to find it somewhere so I can watch for myself but I know I will just get aggravated and want to throw up 🤮 if I have to listen to trump.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I can't stand it. It's hysterically funny when you don't focus it being real, but is real. So many people you know you under the maga spell.

It isn't rump, it's his followers.
They bring up instances of immigrants doing horrific things----but dismiss the rampant violence our police unleash on those they've sworn to protect
They're repeating the one story of a women, a citizen, not Haitian, who had either a mental illness or on crack who did in fact kill and eat a cat--- Animal abuse in the meantime is quite tolerated under our uncontrolled capitalism
rump lied over and over. When not outright lying, he was deflecting or twisting truths. his followers are upset Harris wasn't flagged for lying.
<he can't give any specifics to how he plans on funding his vision of the perfect fascist nation he promises. He cant' answer to why his promises weren't delivered when he had the presidency--I truly believe his followers will only be happy if he doesn't win, because that's the only way they can continue in their demented cult.

He even went as far as continuing his lie about the Central Park Five. The boys imprisoned for a crime for 12 years they did not commit, and rump fought to have them put to death even after DNA exoneration. Yeah, he went there, and will continue to spew lies--and his followers believe them

Maga republicans will continue to believe his lies because to them they are the truth. One person wronged by an undocumented immigrant is a crime 1000 times worse than any committed by a white citizen, particularly from a family of means
....and to those who balk at me singling out 'white' in my descriptor, when there are magats of different races and persuasions, I'll get to that discussion later

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
From everything I'm seeing on Facebook, right wing media sources say Trump wiped the floor with Kamala while left wing media said Kamala won the debate by a landslide. Each side is accusing the other of not answering the questions or addressing the important issues. It's so frustrating. I need to find it somewhere so I can watch for myself but I know I will just get aggravated and want to throw up 🤮 if I have to listen to trump.
It's worth watching.
rump truly could shoot someone in Times Square and his followers will support whatever reason he gives as defence. It could be on fully on video and they will swear it's manipulated.

They're saying rump had to debate against three people, as in the moderators were completely biased. There is a conspiracy that Harris' earrings were really an audio device!

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
If more had only paid attention to the Twilight Zone series.....
This is what this movement reminds me of...and so many other of Rod Sterling writings

• Agree
Reactions: Veganite
It's worth watching.
rump truly could shoot someone in Times Square and his followers will support whatever reason he gives as defence. It could be on fully on video and they will swear it's manipulated.

They're saying rump had to debate against three people, as in the moderators were completely biased. There is a conspiracy that Harris' earrings were really an audio device!
Yes, I heard about the earrings and how he was debating the moderators too.

From everything I'm seeing on Facebook, right wing media sources say Trump wiped the floor with Kamala
I saw what Fox News had to say right after the debate.

Jesse Watters tried to insist that there had been no winners. “I don’t think the American people are watching and thinking any of these people won,” Watters stammered out. He then conceded, “This was rough. This was pretty intense at times.”​
Brit Hume, the network’s chief political analyst, was starker. “Make no mistake about it: Trump had a bad night,” Hume told Fox viewers. “This was pretty much her night.” Sounding exasperated, Hume complained that Trump had been repeatedly baited by Harris, leading Trump to relitigate “so many of the old grievances that we had long thought Trump had learned were not winners politically.” Harris,​
meanwhile, was composed and prepared, Hume said: “She kept her cool.”​

while left wing media said Kamala won the debate by a landslide. Each side is accusing the other of not answering the questions or addressing the important issues.

This is pretty much true. but not really a fair criticism. Standard debate prep is to prepare answers to what you expect to be asked. and then give those answers even if the question is slightly different. I believe the experts call it "messaging". However Trump went off script more often.

It's so frustrating. I need to find it somewhere so I can watch for myself but I know I will just get aggravated and want to throw up 🤮 if I have to listen to trump.
Maybe your best bet is to watch the coverage that the daily show did....
instead of you throwing up you can watch Jon fake vomit. (and laugh)

Trump's fans will never be swayed away from him. That's just the way it is. The undecided voters are the ones that will sway the vote. I think Taylor Swift's declaration may help with the younger voters. They just need to get out there and vote!
I don't agreed on "undecided", but simply getting people to VOTE, and that's very well what Taylor Swift can help with.
Only reason Obama won, people voted!

Has anyone else noticed that during the debate, Kamala often looks directly at Trump as she's speaking but Trump never looks at her when he's speaking...

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC
Has anyone else noticed that during the debate, Kamala often looks directly at Trump as she's speaking but Trump never looks at her when he's speaking...
Yes. some of the analysts brought this up. They also brought up that even tho Kamala's mic is off - she uses facial expressions to express emotions.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Yes. some of the analysts brought this up. They also brought up that even tho Kamala's mic is off - she uses facial expressions to express emotions.
I think I would prefer it if her face was less animated. I don't like it when she laughs and makes too many faces...I feel like it takes something away from the seriousness of the event...but I get that it must be very hard to be there listening to the insanity that comes out of his mouth and not react.

Reactions: Andy_T and Lou