US US Politics 2024

Please stop laughing at the lies and concentrate on proving them false and preaching the truth!
They will go louder, and longer, ---just heard Vance on Face the Nation not only dismissing responsibility for the several bomb threats in Springfield OH, but also dismissing the mayor& the governor-both republicans--for calling them out as lying about the community they well know!
But you know, crimes committed by the ones they deem privileged are a fraction of those committed by those they deem inferior
Vance said murder rates are up 80% since Springfield welcomed the Haitians in 2018--
Not seeing it!

Magats will continue to spread the because the more, and the louder, you say it, the more people will become to accept it as truth
Now they're adding the entire Haitian culture, with the voodoo, and the cannibalism, and calling them out as demons. It will only get worse.

I often wondered how anybody could possibly be taken in by Trump, then today it occurred to me. He is on their intellectual level so they can understand him! :rofl:
In my darker moods I doubt that people are actually being taken in by him. You see them on TV saying why they will vote for him. And it just seems unbelievable. They won't vote for Harris because she flipped on Fraking or she hasn't described how she would improve the economy.

So you wonder what they are thinking and I start thinking they are going, " Yeah, Pro Life!, " or "The jews won't replace us!", or "White lives matter!" or "Russia is our Friend".

Reactions: Brian W
In my darker moods I doubt that people are actually being taken in by him. You see them on TV saying why they will vote for him. And it just seems unbelievable. They won't vote for Harris because she flipped on Fraking or she hasn't described how she would improve the economy.

So you wonder what they are thinking and I start thinking they are going, " Yeah, Pro Life!, " or "The jews won't replace us!", or "White lives matter!" or "Russia is our Friend".
We've had the same old, same old, from both parties all my life. Obama who ran on hope and change--didn't bring about the change he promised even with a majority of dems in both chambers. Those on the left were sorely disappointed, while the neo-libs continued to advance the idea of bipartisanship. All that did was push the democratic party more to the right, and it's been headed that way more and more since.
Republicans, rather than accept the compromise, have instead percieved that as weakness and incompetence, after all, the democratic party hasn't delivered much change for either side. Perhaps if we had actually codified womens rights, equality in hiring, brought the tax code back to pre Reagan era, brought substantial change in immigration, police reform, gun safety, green energy standards, universal healthcare.... but they hadn't. They instead use these agendas as talking points, so the republicans, rather than admit they tried to inclusive for all parties, see it as the weakness it is for all. Republicans have always been hard on the offense, while the dems just play defense.
The democrats have fought harder to keep anyone close to having a further left agenda on the ticket than they fought against rump> now we're paying for it, because the repubs don't play fair--they want to be avenged.
All too many are so convinced rump is on their side they are willing to dismiss his extreme racism and misogyny as superfluous, thinking they will go nowhere.
Every time I see an ad for a repulican I think, wow, that's a great endorsement for their democratic contender. I wish the democrats would run ads on defeating extremism rather than catering republican votes they won't get.

Someone tried to shoot rump again

An another apparent attempt to shoot Trump on a Florida golf course. He's fine.

Sorry in advance. I know there are important issues to discuss but the **** Sideshow just keeps getting bigger and better.
First off this almost went over my head.

Elon Musk tweets a response to Taylor Swift, "Fine Taylor … you win … I will give you a child and guard your cats with my life.

I got the part where he is offering ( or threatening) to impregnate her. What I didn't realize his is also offering to guard her cats (from the Haitians who want to eat them)

--------------------------
Trump tweets, "I hate Taylor Swift". Then the "I love Taylor Swift" post is trending.
Actors Billy Baldwin, Mia Farrow, Bradley Whitford and Mark Hamill also posted the same statement, with author Stephen King, a regular critic of Trump, expanding upon this by saying: “I love Taylor Swift. Her music makes me happy. End of story.”

Only Murders in the Building star Steve Martin also asked: “How can anyone hate Taylor Swift?”

------------------------

Trump protecting animals memes are very popular now. But I totally forgot that the Simpsons TV show takes place in Springfield. The family's dog, Santa's Little Helper is getting used in a lot of memes.
This article reports on them.

1726505812705.png1726505812705.png

Springfield has had schools and hospitals shut down due to bomb threats. The collage transitioned to online classes. Their mayor, the managers where Haitians are working, even ohios governor, have all refuted the rebus lies, acknowledging they have been a positive in their community. Yet the are increasing their hate, and curling the violence.
Can you imagine those who may be out countries leaders destroying a small town just out of spite and refusals to correct themselves?

• Angry
Reactions: Emma JC
I remember the days I could research the views of republicans without feeling sick, that began to change with GW Bush
Now I read counter opinions and mentally cannot handle the outright lying--it's far too much. I get conservative vs liberal views, but the conservative views are now democrats, or at least are becoming aligned with democrats

• Agree
Reactions: Second Summer
I've seen three different videos where republicans keep mispronouncing Kamala's name. I'm starting to think it's intentional.

Saw my first Harris Walz yard sign in DeLand today! I put my Harris Walz sticker that I got from Move On on my car's back window next to my I Read Banned Books sticker. :)

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
For every Harris/walz sign there are five Trump signs. CT is supposed to be a blue state but you'd never know it from where I live. 🤦🏻‍♀️

To make myself feel better I tell myself that Harris/walz people just aren't as in your face about who they support.

I haven't seen any Trump yard signs yet but then I don't drive around through neighborhoods either. I expect to start seeing the Trump bumper stickers soon though.

I saw a older man on a busy street with a very large Harris Walz sign! Just holding it up on a corner
In my neighborhood there aren't many signs, but more for Harris. I will say, the big displays are all trump 🙄