What a year

Kasandra

Forum Legend
Reaction score
this year is really testing my limits.

so many things has happened, now on top of it all, we find out yesterday my dads cancer is back after 12 years. his going to the dr on tuesday to find out where in the body his got it and how far it has progressed but its there and its back.

my dad sounds so worried and emotional and his always the pilar of strenght and courage. i wish i could take this burden away from him.

stressing myself out is not going to help him I know so will look after myself, take it easy, go yoga and pray for him. The Power of Prayer.

Please pray for my family and I, for faith, hope and guidance.

That is so very sad that your dad is battling cancer. Try to take care of yourself as it is so stressful when a precious family member has to fight for his life. :hug:

:fp: yes he had prostate cancer 12 years ago and he still has nightmares about the whole ordeal, now its back.

but my brother and sister in law was in a huge accident earlier in the year and they survived and recovered 100%.

never underestimate the power of prayer and love.

tell your loved ones you love them TODAY. cause TODAY is maybe all you've got.

I don't know whether you have any pets , but they help (especially dogs) when you're going through a rough patch.

Awww beautiful furries! :)

I'm sorry about everything you and your dad and the rest of your family are going through. :hug: I'm sending out waves of positive thoughts to you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. (((Big hugs)))

Wow you guys have had a hard year. Luckily usually prostate cancer is slow to grow and spread, compared with other cancers. Sending positive metta his way, and your way. Best wishes.

Its not prostate cancer this time around was removed with previous run of cancer, last time my dad had cancer I was coming off drugs cold turkey trying to deal with it all and broke up with a guy I thought was my world! This time I am sober but its like all those feeling are floating back, I feel scared and angry! Am I strong enough to cope with all this emotion, parents coming tomorrow for lunch and my dad is very emiotional, going to have and try be strong for him

Its not prostate cancer this time around was removed with previous run of cancer, last time my dad had cancer I was coming off drugs cold turkey trying to deal with it all and broke up with a guy I thought was my world! This time I am sober but its like all those feeling are floating back, I feel scared and angry! Am I strong enough to cope with all this emotion, parents coming tomorrow for lunch and my dad is very emiotional, going to have and try be strong for him

(((Hugs))) And do whatever makes you strong to avoid slipping up. Sometimes it is easier to be strong for others than for ourselves. Afterwards we fall apart, so be careful there, too. Best wishes and metta to you and your dad, and your mom as well. She will be worried about you and your dad both.

thank you everyone, my parents come for lunch yesterday, just tried to be strong for my dad, my mom and i went to the shops to buy some food etc for my dad, my mom is really emotional, said my dad wakes up in pain every night on his left side, he also talks like he expects the worst, to her not to us as he wants to protect us emotionally.

today is really a hard day, i have realised drinking or taking anxiety pills just makes my mind feel worse so avoiding them but sometimes I really feel I am going to lose it.

Trying to just stay in the moment and focus on that.

Tomorrow must just arrive, so we can hear the news and deal with it.....

just focusing on my daughter and trying to keep it together for her. my husband was so insensitive last night after the whole day he was complaining about a dirty nappy i forgot in the nursery bin and it made the nursery stink. with everything on my mind i seriously just forgot and then went off on him for being insensitive.... seriously.... !!!!

one day at a time one day at a time.