What can I make with...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have loads of bananas and want to make something that isn't banana bread (not that I don't like banana bread, but I make it a lot). Any ideas?

I have loads of bananas and want to make something that isn't banana bread (not that I don't like banana bread, but I make it a lot). Any ideas?

They're good frozen, or with custard. You can also use them as an egg replacer when baking.

But my favourite thing to do is banana splits :D

I have a very large bag of kale.I have a few things I make with it but I'd like to do something with it other than salads.

In the end the bananas had fruit flies and were binned... I was going to make jam though! :) Thanks guys.

I often use kale in the place of spinach in a recipe.

Potato, black bean and kale soup. Saute onions and garlic, add the kale, saute some more until it's pretty tender/wilted. Add diced potatoes and your broth and whatever spices plus some red pepper flakes for a bit of zip. When the potatoes are just about done, add some canned black beans and heat through.

Kale chips. Put oil, spices (I love extra garlic or a curry), salt and bake at 275 for 20 minutes, till crispy but not burnt.
I've had kale chips.Usually if I make them I just put oil and salt.But adding curry sounds really good.:lick:Might try it.
Potato, black bean and kale soup. Saute onions and garlic, add the kale, saute some more until it's pretty tender/wilted. Add diced potatoes and your broth and whatever spices plus some red pepper flakes for a bit of zip. When the potatoes are just about done, add some canned black beans and heat through.
This sounds really good as well.:drool: What kind of spices do you use besides the red pepper flakes and garlic?

I've had kale chips.Usually if I make them I just put oil and salt.But adding curry sounds really good.:lick:Might try it.

This sounds really good as well.:drool: What kind of spices do you use besides the red pepper flakes and garlic?
I use cumin, salt and pepper, a little paprika and smidge of Italian seasoning.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I use cumin, salt and pepper, a little paprika and smidge of Italian seasoning.
About how much veg broth do you use?Sorry,I'm not very good at just adding things on my own.If I guess it might turn into a mess.:eek:

About how much veg broth do you use?Sorry,I'm not very good at just adding things on my own.If I guess it might turn into a mess.:eek:
LOL, no problem. It depends on how brothy I want it. I go anywhere from 4 to 8 cups of broth.

Status
Not open for further replies.