What did you cook or Bake today? (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a very simple lunch of steamed rice and vegetables with just salt, pepper, vegan butter and hot sauce. I think I might use the leftovers to make stuffed peppers tomorrow.:)

I just saw this about what the favourite cooking shows are in each state in the US. I don't really watch them, but thought US people on here might be interested.:) This Is Your State's Favorite Cooking Show | Apartment Therapy

d8c9e3d849b2a7a35f0e16bb0fafc579509f4929
My mom loves The Pioneer Woman, and I'm a big fan of America's Test Kitchen (I see these when I visit Mom, as she loves cooking shows). The Barefoot Contessa is interesting as well. I confess to having a hard time watching whenever flesh is involved in the recipes, but I immediately think of ways I can make a dish vegan. :)

Reactions: ledboots and Val
I used to watch an American cooking show about Italian food, but I'm not sure what it was called. The food always looked delicious as they sometimes made veg dishes.

I made a tofu "egg" salad sandwich today, not really cooking as such.:p

Reactions: PTree15
I used to watch an American cooking show about Italian food, but I'm not sure what it was called. The food always looked delicious as they sometimes made veg dishes.

I made a tofu "egg" salad sandwich today, not really cooking as such.:p
I used to loathe egg salad as a kid. I am wondering, though, if I might enjoy a tofu salad better, as it wouldn't have that egg and mayonnaise-y taste. I never liked the yolks with the mayonnaise. Hmm, I might have to try that.

I have made nothing today, but last night I used the rest of my Thanksgiving Day mashed potatoes to make potato pancakes. I have them for lunch today with a salad. :)

My mom loves The Pioneer Woman, and I'm a big fan of America's Test Kitchen (I see these when I visit Mom, as she loves cooking shows). The Barefoot Contessa is interesting as well. I confess to having a hard time watching whenever flesh is involved in the recipes, but I immediately think of ways I can make a dish vegan. :)

I also enjoy watching the Pioneer Woman and the Barefoot Contessa. I have quite a few other favourites ; Mexican Made Easy, JO, Nigel Slater, Martha Stewart, Laura Calder, Heston, Anna Olson,Ellie Krieger, Good Eats, The Great British Bake Off ……. and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.