What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I made the Tofurky holiday ham and ate it with rolls, baked apples, red wine, and dessert was a cherry amaretto nice cream. I planned to eat leftovers today but ate so much holiday ham yesterday I think I'll hold off on that.

Thinking about just making some roasted veggies and gravy, maybe enjoying more of the local hummus I have, perhaps some steamed spinach, hmmm.

A gigantic salad of raw broccoli, raw shredded beets, red beans and pink Azeri tomatoes;
Pickled yuba;
Georgian-style cabbage;
Psyllium jelly;
Dried mango;
Granny Smith apples.

Vegan sausage & chestnut rolls. One served with cranberry sauce and the other two served just plain.
Winter salad ; finely shredded red cabbage, avocados, grated carrots with a lemon/mustard vinaigrette plus sultanas and seeds.
Raspberries & soya cream.
A margarita.

I had snacky stuff last night - Triscuit style crackers with curry coconut hummus, sprouted flax toasts with cream cheez and marinara, pineapple chunks, tangerine flavored beer.

Tonight I may make some pinto beans with jalepenos, onions and cream cheez, over some more sprouted toasts.

last night was "clean out the leftovers from the fridge" night - still had some mashed potato colcannon and some stuffing and gravy so reheated those and some leftover pasta from a few nights ago, opened a can of cranberry sauce and wow, it was so good ....

Emma JC

Sauteed green beans in sumac dressing & cayenne salsa;
A salad of baby swiss chard, red beans and Azeri tomatoes with Georgian Satzebeli sauce and apple cider vinegar;
Pickled yuba;
Granny Smith apples;
Dried mango, dried figs.😋

Somewhere on this forum,i believe, was a recipe for "best curry". It sounded great so i wrote it down, i had to make a couple adjuatmenta because i could not find any canned or dry gravy packets without some kind of animal product in it. But oh my, it smells wonderful! This is gonna be my dinner tonight

We have yucky head colds, so E and I got Burger King Impossible Whoppers for dinner. We brought them home to use our own mayo. And with all these colds meds in my system messing with my appetite, I could only eat about a third. So I have a nice midnight snack awaiting me later….

I am going to my friends Karen and Chris' house for dinner. We are having pizza. Chris always makes personal-size pizzas and a vegan one for me. He is a great cook. Karen is a lucky woman! I will bring dessert. I think I will make a gingerbread.

Yesterday my honey made yellow split pea soup - we did it on the stove top rather than the instant pot because I am very discouraged with beans and peas in it. I am going to have to double the times I think. Anyways the pea soup was delicious and he added onions, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes and then we had grilled cheeze sandwich with pickle. That was dinner and there are leftovers, yum.

Emma JC

whole grain spaghettini olio alio primavera - garlic, green onion, broccoli, carrot, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, chopped greens, black olives with the remainder of the huge bread pizza I bought a week ago - a tiny piece of raisin loaf and a tiny piece of date square for dessert

Emma JC

I had a nice salad of spinach, an Aldi chickenless patty, olives, carrots, pickles, onions, pickled beets and walnuts topped with homemade Italian dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.