What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tofu in barbecue sauce, green salad with Italian dressing, rhubarb pie, lemonade

Although I made traditional vegan Thanksgiving foods at home last night and have left-overs for my dinner (mmm Tofurky roast, gravy, craberries, veggies) I attended a free event just to get out of the house and talk to others. I was pretty pleased with the vegan options, and even took some of the green salad home in a ziploc bag since the non-vegans were more focused on mashed potatoes and cookies than salad. Lucky me!

A throw together soup. White rice, no chicken base, green lentils, yellow peas, carrots and green beans.

Going to have a sandwich made with peppered tofurky, follow your heart provolone, mayo and arugula.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Three different types of broccoli

Today I treated myself at a local vegetarian restaurant where nearly every menu item can be made vegan. I had the tempeh Reuben with sourkraut and vegan Thousand Island, dipped in a side of vegan cheez sauce (pretty sure it's nooch based but it's awesome, the vegetarian version comes with a slice of whatever cheese, I feel I got the better deal!) and a side salad with Tofu Tahini dressing. I also had some vegan organic wine and a gluten-free vegan thumbprint cookie with raspberry jam and chocolate drizzle. I went all out!

Going to have golden potatoes and lightlife chorizo. Probably will bring the rest of the lettuce and torillas and make them into tacos.

Tempeh marinated in soy sauce and oil, fried til crispy, smothered in barbecue sauce and Follow Your Heart melted mozzarella, all between two slices of Ezekiel bread! Yum! Also some rice chips with a garlic-dill tofu dip.

Broccoli, sweetcorn, french mix salad, cherry tomatoes, avocado and a vegan schnitzel from Anamma.

Refried beans, Mexican rice, salsa verde, tortilla chips, guacamole and tater tots with friends, in memory of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Tofu simmered in barbecue sauce, green beans, and homemade oven-baked french fries. Toast with strawberry jam and a tangerine for "dessert."

I love salt n vinegar chips and have never heard of cola kombucha. Good stuff!
It's called Live kombuca. I originally found it at jewel osco and then whole foods but not all carry it. I've been getting it at woodman's since they have most of the flavors. Blueberry is my son and I's favorite one.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Status
Not open for further replies.