What do you drink instead of soda?

During the cold winter months, I usually brew a couple of pots of cinnamon & apple infusion or Sainsbury's blackcurrant and vanilla infusion and drink it during the course of the day. For special occasions or meals, part organic apple juice topped up with sparking water.

During the hot Summer months, either Crystal Light Pure with either plain or sparkling water. Chilled, apple & cinnamon infusion.
On special occasions, either an alcohol free shandy or sparkling apple juice.

I also occasionally drink Coca cola, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, ans Seven Up in the light or zero version.

Amazon.com : Crystal Light Pure, Lemonade, 7-Count, 2.17 Ounce (Pack of 6) : Powdered Soft Drink Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_T
I love and miss soda. Actually, I miss the carbonation. Instead of drinking soda filled with chemicals, I drink this.
It's also filled with chemicals, but a lot less than diet soda has. I also drink orange and grape juice that I dilute with water so I don't get so much sugar. I very rarely drink plain water, it makes my mouth feel dry. o_O
P0007320_T.jpg

I love and miss soda. Actually, I miss the carbonation. Instead of drinking soda filled with chemicals, I drink this.
It's also filled with chemicals, but a lot less than diet soda has. I also drink orange and grape juice that I dilute with water so I don't get so much sugar. I very rarely drink plain water, it makes my mouth feel dry. o_O
P0007320_T.jpg

Have you ever tried using culinary food flavourings ? You can add a few drops to sparkling water and sweeten it with Stevia.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K10EA0U?psc=1

Water mostly.

I do love San Pellegrino sparkling water for the bubbles.

Also, kombucha! I drink it rarely, because I'm too intimidated to make my own and the bottled kind is a bit expensive.

I used to really like Coca Cola when I was younger, I think it tasted different when it came in the glass bottles.

When I was a tot I also used to have a bottle of either Pepsi or 7 Up whilst my mum and I used to wait for the train after a shopping trip in Ashford. I remember that I could hardly drink the whole bottle and would force myself to finish it.

These days, I like to add water enhancer to still water. I really do prefer sparkling water but have to limit it due to health issues. When the weather cools down, I either drink cold fruit infusions or lemon juice with water plus stevia.

I haven't had any soda in several years. I use to drink Diet Dr. Pepper eons ago, but all the info about artificial sweeteners freaked me out. I use stevia in coffee, but I like my iced tea plain - no sweetener at all.

We're recently discovered kombucha, and really like it. But I drink mostly iced water or cold seltzer water these days. (And bourbon on the rocks, too.)

I drink mostly water, but I love tea and coffee, and in the summer, I really like plain iced tea with lemon or iced coffee. I was addicted to diet Pepsi for years, but I finally broke my habit two or three years ago.

Flavored sparkling or seltzer water. Right now I have sparkling watermelon lime water and mandarin orange seltzer water. :)

I can't afford to consume any calories with what I drink. I do enough of that with Silk Creamer and sugar in my tea and coffee. And I don't like artificial sweeteners in any drinks. So it's mostly water for me or seltzer if I'm eating out but I only take a few sips of that.

I can't afford to consume any calories with what I drink. I do enough of that with Silk Creamer and sugar in my tea and coffee. And I don't like artificial sweeteners in any drinks. So it's mostly water for me or seltzer if I'm eating out but I only take a few sips of that.

Same here but I don't like plain water. Have you ever tried stevia KL as it is not an artificial sweetener ? You can also use it for making desserts and baking.

Same here but I don't like plain water. Have you ever tried stevia KL as it is not an artificial sweetener ? You can also use it for making desserts and baking.
Yes...I have the organic drops. I don't hate it but I'm not particularly fond of it, either. It still has a bit of an aftertaste, somewhat bitter. But it's better than any other sugar sub that's out there. Sometimes I'll do half sugar and a drop or two of stevia in my tea and coffee but I don't really enjoy it, then.

I have not baked with it, yet, but I really want to. Hopefully, when the weather turns cooler. It's been very hot and I hate to turn on the oven. Hubby has tolerated me keeping the thermostat on the AC pretty high so I don't want to fry him, lol.

Two people at work are telling me how bad stevia is and that I shouldn't use it. I can't find anything on the Internet...only that to be careful which brand you buy as some companies add chemicals. That's why I went for the organic drops, hoping it would be ok. It still has to be better than sucralose, aspartame or saccharin.

I really like to make "Vitamin Water", basically by filling a mason jar with water, adding some cut fruits to it (e.g. lemons, limes, apples, rhubarb or berries) and let it soak in the fridge over night.

That way the water becomes lightly infused with the taste of the fruit, but does not gain many calories.

Best regards,
Andy

Yes...I have the organic drops. I don't hate it but I'm not particularly fond of it, either. It still has a bit of an aftertaste, somewhat bitter. But it's better than any other sugar sub that's out there. Sometimes I'll do half sugar and a drop or two of stevia in my tea and coffee but I don't really enjoy it, then.

I have not baked with it, yet, but I really want to. Hopefully, when the weather turns cooler. It's been very hot and I hate to turn on the oven. Hubby has tolerated me keeping the thermostat on the AC pretty high so I don't want to fry him, lol.

Two people at work are telling me how bad stevia is and that I shouldn't use it. I can't find anything on the Internet...only that to be careful which brand you buy as some companies add chemicals. That's why I went for the organic drops, hoping it would be ok. It still has to be better than sucralose, aspartame or saccharin.

There are different brands and they all taste different. The one that I like and has no aftertaste is NuNaturels. I use the tablets for coffee and liquid stevia for baking. Apparently TJ's pure Stevia is also excellent. I was planning to buy some during my stay in the US and I just forgot to do so !!!! Such a shame.

People are often stating facts because they have read something or heard something that is not accurate. Stevia is far safer than sugar. The sugar board and the dairy board are always trying to scare people into saying that other products besides their own are health hazards.

Reactions: KLS52