Nutrition & Diet What supplements do you take?

Reactions: Destiny7777
Watch when you order for the free shipping! Many items qualify if you purchase over $25.00, but on the order page, it defaults to a shipping price-- you need to check the "free shipping" box! I've actually realized this after it went through, and canceled the order only to reorder with free shipping!

Amazon has an amazing "look inside" feature that lets you peek at some pages of books. You can get an idea if you'd like to purchase, and can also get many recipes!

When you say you have ticks, you mean like the dog ticks? When I lived in the country some years where really bad. I had a dog then and used the drops you put on the neck.
One day I found one in my scalp at work! :eek:! That was fun! o_O

Reactions: Destiny7777
Watch when you order for the free shipping! Many items qualify if you purchase over $25.00, but on the order page, it defaults to a shipping price-- you need to check the "free shipping" box! I've actually realized this after it went through, and canceled the order only to reorder with free shipping!

Amazon has an amazing "look inside" feature that lets you peek at some pages of books. You can get an idea if you'd like to purchase, and can also get many recipes!

When you say you have ticks, you mean like the dog ticks? When I lived in the country some years where really bad. I had a dog then and used the drops you put on the neck.
One day I found one in my scalp at work! :eek:! That was fun! o_O
Great advice! thank you again!

and yes, the dog brings in the ticks.
we live on wooded acreage with 'ponds'
bad, bad year this year for ticks

I am currently trying to remember to take the Vit. D I bought to see whether it might help a little with depression.

Other than that, I don't take any supplements.

Pre-pregnancy I just took vitamin D2 and B12 daily and had just started taking a vegan DHA. All my bloodwork always came back good (other than I was vitamin D deficient last year, but I did a vitamin D therapy and got my levels back to normal) so I seemed to be meeting my needs without anything other than the B12 and D2 supplements.

Right now I'm pregnant and I take Deva's prenatal multivitamin along with Flora DHA Vegetarian (vegan made from algae). Even though I take the prenatal multivitamin now I still try to meet all my nutrition needs through my diet every day. Some days I have junk days and fail but most days I eat really well right now. I had a bunch of blood work done because my OB wanted to make sure I didn't have any deficiencies (like B12 or D) and everything came back good.

Deva Prenatal - http://www.devanutrition.com/vegan_prenatal_multivitamin.html

Flora DHA - http://www.amazon.com/Flora-Vegetarian-Algae-Green-Caps/dp/B004VMROXY

I'm totally going to start ordering my vitamins from Amazon. They have a slightly higher price on the D2 I take (VegLife), but the extra 50 cents will save me a trip to the other side of the city and back. I also like their prices on Deva multivitamin, I have a hard time finding vegan multis here.

I went to check my vitamins because of this thread and I realised I had a big tub of B Complex vits and they were completely out of date. Such a waste!:rolleyes:

I was talking multivits+iron plus zinc seperately, but the multivits were vegetarian (not vegan) so I have stopped those. Since then I have had lots of blood tests (for unrelated reasons) & there has been no mention of any deficiencies so I'm not going to take anything for a while.

A multivitamin most days, so that I don't have to watch what I eat so carefully. I get a pretty balanced diet, though, and I don't have any deficiencies, so I don't really need to take anything.

I take a daily Veg1 vegan multi vitamin (it's only got a few vitamins and minerals thought to be scarce in a typical vegan diet, not a whole shitload as in most other multi vitamins), and some additional 500 micrograms B12 a couple times per week. Oh, and also additional vitamin D during the cloudier and colder parts of the year. (There is some D and B12 in Veg1, just not a whole lot.)

I am currently trying to remember to take the Vit. D I bought to see whether it might help a little with depression.

Other than that, I don't take any supplements.
Same here, though I have trouble being diligent about it. I also take B12. Those are the minimum that everyone ought to be sure to supplement, in my opinion.

Reactions: AlmandineSky
I should really step off my :hh: and admit that I really should be taking a vitamin D supplement as I'm chronically deficient in it, but I'm too cheap and stubborn to cave in and buy one.
Vegan vitamin D is hard to come by in the stores, which totally sucks.

I take 2000 IU of D3 per day and 500 mcg of B12 as I was actually diagnosed as being deficient in both.

I realize that doesn't make me vegan but I've never said I was vegan to begin with.

Deva Vegan Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement (Iron Free) and Deva Vegan Flaxseed Oil (Organic). And some Psyllium Husks Veg Caps for when I eat too many bagels.