Whatcha Eatin ? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No patience for photos, lol, but I made chocolate pancakes with strawberry compote. Of course, I had to have steamed kale on the side to make it at least a semi healthy meal.

Looks very yummy!
It was OK. The hemp milk I used made it smell & taste too sweet for me... I'll have to amp up the seasoning to make it more savory... I'm glad I didn't go with tarragon this time. :p I'm still auditioning plant-based milks... it's frustrating. :confused: LOL

It was OK. The hemp milk I used made it smell & taste too sweet for me... I'll have to amp up the seasoning to make it more savory... I'm glad I didn't go with tarragon this time. :p I'm still auditioning plant-based milks... it's frustrating. :confused: LOL

Was it sweetened ? I usually buy unsweetened soya milk and it doesn't taste sweet at all.

Was it sweetened ? I usually buy unsweetened soya milk and it doesn't taste sweet at all.
No, I'm a major label-reader.... it said "unsweetened original"... my question is why on earth would they put vanilla extract in it?? :confused: LOL

I won't fret yet... I like experimenting. ;)

A handful of unsalted roasted walnuts & Brazil nuts... soon, a cup of coffee & a square of organic 88% dark vegan chocolate.

Tofurky Sesame Garlic Chick'n with rice.

No appetite tonight (too upset with work, see gripe thread lol), so just a salad and a glass of almond milk.

IMG_6977.jpg

Pizza from Carrefour's. It was a cheese and vegetable one so I decided to add some extra Violife cheese, passata, olives and oregano. There was too much going on and I thought it was OK but prefer my own pizza. I'm not a fan of
vegetables on pizza.

A banana plus a glass of full bodied wine.

A seitan sandwich with Daiya jalapeno cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado slices and Vegenaise mixed with sriracha sauce.

Reactions: Val
My favorite sandwich- a tempeh reuben! Smokey sauteed tempeh slices, toasted rye bread with melted cheddar daiya, thousand island dressing made with just mayo, ketchup and relish, and lots of sauerkraut.
Now what to do with the rest of the jar! Not a big sauerkraut fan.

My favorite sandwich- a tempeh reuben! Smokey sauteed tempeh slices, toasted rye bread with melted cheddar daiya, thousand island dressing made with just mayo, ketchup and relish, and lots of sauerkraut.
Now what to do with the rest of the jar! Not a big sauerkraut fan.
Yay! Sauerkraut! You may give the rest of it to me!:p:D

A potato and chicory salad with Greek olives, vinaigrette and yeast flakes.

A strawberry, banana and linseed soya protein smoothie.

A tangelo. They are really good right now. Very juicy and flavorful.

Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.