Whatcha Eatin?

In
Yum, bread.

I was thinking of looking for a bread making class as I love bread so much. I could prob just learn it from YT.🤔

I had a big bowl of steamed veggies with gravy earlier and I was craving something healthy.
I just learned to make sour dough. Made two loaves this week. First one unsuccessful, second was delicious. Used different types of flours.
Making bread using active yeast isn’t hard at all neither is sour dough, it’s just time consuming to get your starter active. Sourdough since the yeast is natural has health benefits, I am still learning all about it.

I just learned to make sour dough. Made two loaves this week. First one unsuccessful, second was delicious. Used different types of flours.
Making bread using active yeast isn’t hard at all neither is sour dough, it’s just time consuming to get your starter active. Sourdough since the yeast is natural has health benefits, I am still learning all about it.
My friend was saying that she makes her own bread when I saw her last weekend. I should really learn how to do it myself.

Reactions: PTree15
supposed to be a noodley soup day but I am so full still from last night's falafels that I am not sure I can do another savoury meal so maybe will just have banana rolled up in a peanut butter/jam pita

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Nothing right now... but my lunch was some Vienna bread, dipped in about 1-2 tablespoons of canola oil in a small dish on the side. I also had some cooked soybeans, along with some chopped spinach and a big handful of raw sunflower kernels. Water to drink. I'll be having rolled oats with a big apple for dinner tonight- most likely with a few more of those soybeans.

I didn't do anything fancy with the soybeans. I bought some in bulk from my local health food store, cooked them in my slow cooker with just enough water to cover after I had soaked them overnight and rinsed them, and put half of them in the freezer after they'd cooled off.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I had to use up a box of chestnut mushrooms before tomorrow so I made stir fried mushrooms with a "chicken" packet of ramen noodles. I stirred in some Frank's hot sauce and some vegan butter at the end. It was actually very nice! Frugal too. I will have mushrooms on toast tomorrow for breakfast.

going to have some oatmeal and the leftover falafel

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
LOVE both of those, but I've never had them at the same time....

I had rolled oats for breakfast, with a few big spoonfuls of my soybeans (which will be finished tomorrow at the latest). Later I walked over to the gym, and bought 3 perfectly-ripe bananas on the way. I had a largely-banana-powered workout!