Whatcha Eatin?

Nothing right now... but on my walk to the gym, I fueled up on carbs and had two hot dog rolls (empty, of course) and a big Arkansas Black apple from the Farmer's Market. I had that variety once before and hadn't been impressed, but I thought I'd give it another try. It was better than I remembered- very crisp and juicy! (I still prefer Empire, Golden Delicious, Cortland, or Stayman Winesap though.)

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I'm having Aldi veggie potstickers with sesame oil and soy sauce and two TJ's veggie spring rolls, part of my continuing effort to clear out the freezer.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm having a mishmash at the moment: bean dip with tortilla chips, chik'n tenders with a homemade ranch dip, and a some plain carrot sticks and sliced cucumbers. I was very lazy today and didn't feel like cooking a whole lot.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I wish I could just magically make appear some of the things that I read on this thread.

I've been in the UK for some months for a very long visit (which is probably why I haven't posted since I've been too busy) although I will go back to Chile at some point

Lately I've been having
Breakfast - cereal, mushroom and/or tomatoes and/or hash brown
Work lunch - sandwich that I make, vegan cheese because it combines with tomato, onion or cucumber or just walk to Aldi and buy some falafel balls, wrap or sandwich (although lately no vegan sandwich so no)
Lunch/dinner - I quite like simple oven cooked food, like pizzas and burgers and other things you just have to put on a tray, partly it's convenience but I also I like them. When it comes to things like Beyond Burgers and Impossible Burgers and similar I seem to have transitioned in the last year from
'I don't really see the point , but I suppose I can try this in a restaurant if there's no proper vegan food' to
'eating these and supporting these companies will probably a better way to end animal suffering than eating whole plant based foods, so I will' to
'I just like them, give me burger now'.

I also do pasta with veg and peppers and mixed herbs, or oregano

I also do quinoa dishes including burritos. For the burritos I have done quinoa with mushrooms and/or beans, and then add a peppers and sweetcorn, and sometimes lemon juice or another sauce or seasoning, I think the lemon juice is best.

I've been drinking squash and some fizzy drinks and juice from time to time. When I first got to the UK I tried nothing but water and it was absolutely fine for some weeks but then I got sick of it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I had a big lunch: some leftover elbow macaroni with fresh broccoli, a cup of "Silk" soymilk (says "plain" but I definitely taste some vanilla- no problem, because I love vanilla), and a BIG handful of dry-roasted peanuts and raw sunflower kernels (both unsalted). I'm having rolled oats (probably what would be considered 3 or 4 servings) and an apple for dinner. All simple- but healthy and satisfying!

I wonder if anyone eats what is listed as a "serving" of rolled oats. I suppose they do, with those presweetened kinds that come in little 1-serving packets, but I'd almost consider that only a few mouthfuls- not a full serving. I wouldn't go overboard on those, since I'm limiting my sugar intake these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15