Whatcha Eatin?

@Brian W Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't familiar with the Indian condiment and was picturing sliced/chopped sour dill pickles (not the sweet kind) with finely minced (or not) garlic cloves as a sandwich filling. Perhaps others were too- I was considering a "wow" response myself! Such a sandwich might not be very palatable, but it would surely be memorable.

@Brian W Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't familiar with the Indian condiment and was picturing sliced/chopped sour dill pickles (not the sweet kind) with finely minced (or not) garlic cloves as a sandwich filling. Perhaps others were too- I was considering a "wow" response myself! Such a sandwich might not be very palatable, but it would surely be memorable.
I was picturing the same, but I thought it still sounded appealing (I LOVE pickles), especially with some onion and mustard. :D

I was picturing the same, but I thought it still sounded appealing (I LOVE pickles), especially with some onion and mustard. :D
Same. I used to make dill spear pickle hot dog. Just a pickle with a piece of bread and condiments. Its good.
Or a pickle wrapped in crispy cheese.
I love pickle pizza.

PICKLES ON EVERYTHING! 🥳

I agree on the pickle sandwich - I could definitely do that and I think some peanut butter and some thinly sliced onions would make it perfect.

today I think it is the usual Thursday fare of oatmeal/soy curl crumbs, banana, berries etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Same. I used to make dill spear pickle hot dog. Just a pickle with a piece of bread and condiments. Its good.
Or a pickle wrapped in crispy cheese.
I love pickle pizza.

PICKLES ON EVERYTHING! 🥳
I absolutely love sour dill pickles- and garlic, too- but I didn't think I'd like them together. Still... you never know. There is a recipe in one of the "Vegetarian Epicure" books by Anna Thomas for Feijoada, a well-known Brazilian stew of black beans... which traditionally includes not only meats (as well as things you might expect, like onions, tomatoes, and spices) but also an orange!!!! Her recipe is, of course, vegetarian; I forget whether it's vegan, but my version of it was. I thought it worked surprisingly well, and kept my recipe.