Whatcha Eatin?

Ww granary toast with spread & Marmite.
A doughnut white peach.
Oh my gosh, white peaches are so delicious!
I'm not eating anything at the moment, but I'm going to make a pineapple smoothie in a bit.

Are you talking about the garlic mustard that grows wild? I filled two 30 gallon brown paper bags with garlic mustard that was taking over my yard! I still have more growing. It pops up everywhere.
Yes. I'm going to have to be brutal with it- I got it a little too late and it had already formed seeds. But there were only two plants, so I should be able to handle the infestation before it gets completely out-of-control; my property isn't that large. I don't know how it got on my property to start with; the seeds don't appear able to scatter easily. They're not like dandelion or milkweed seeds, which can travel on the breeze, or white mulberry, whose berries are eaten by birds and then planted someplace in a poop packet.

This morning, I ate some (leftover) brown rice and chickpeas, along with some of that evil garlic mustard.

Last edited:
@Tom L. Since you eat it I would think having some wouldn't be bad, especially if it doesn't spread the way you mentioned.

Then again, maybe not!

"Garlic mustard is a threat to the biodiversity (the variety of life on Earth and in a habitat) of many native ecosystems.

This plant spreads its seeds in the wind and gains a foothold in fields and forests by emerging earlier in spring than many native plants. By the time native species are ready to grow, garlic mustard has blocked their sunlight and outcompeted them for moisture and vital nutrients.

This advantage is only strengthened as climate change continues to alter seasons faster than native plants can adapt. Invasive species that crowd out forest ecosystems inhibit trees, which store large amounts of carbon dioxide, from growing.

Because the understory of a forest is so important for insects and other species at the bottom of the food chain, invaders like garlic mustard can weaken the entire ecosystem.

Further, garlic mustard’s roots release chemicals that alter the important underground network of fungi that connect nutrients between native plants, inhibiting the growth of important species."

Damn. 😞

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Tom L. and Emma JC
I had a vegan bacon sandwich when I got home. I was only going out for a short walk, but I got sidetracked and did 10,000 steps.

I'm now having a doughnut with an iced coffee.🤩

I am torn about what to have - normally it is a steel cut oat day however I haven't had my noodley soup for a few days and my honey already had some cereal and berries so I may have the noodley soup with lots of veggies so as to fill up my currently empty veggie tank.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

@Tom L. Since you eat it I would think having some wouldn't be bad, especially if it doesn't spread the way you mentioned.
I forgot to mention how invasive garlic mustard is- thanks for posting info about that just after this post I'm quoting. If I want, I can still find plenty of places to pick it after I've eradicated it from my property.

Small plates: avocado/sliced peeled tomato salad with lemon vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
Leftover IP ww tagliatelle bol with smoked paprika/yeast flakes plus a drizzle of evo.
Leftover strawberry jelly and soya cream.

Reactions: PTree15
I am torn about what to have - normally it is a steel cut oat day however I haven't had my noodley soup for a few days and my honey already had some cereal and berries so I may have the noodley soup with lots of veggies so as to fill up my currently empty veggie tank.

Emma JC

I ended up having my leftover oatmeal/lentils from Friday and mixed in the other half can of lentils and added more berries and a bit of maple syrup.

Today we are going to have our Saturday steel cut oat breakfast with pb toast and orange/banana.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
I had a sandwich at a restaurant when I was out. A vegan BLT with garlic mayo. Glass of cider.