Whatcha Eatin?

I wonder how your noodley soup would taste cold? The only cold soup I know of off-hand is gazpacho... but with the way-beyond-torrid weather we've been having, it could be a good time to maybe just set a half-cup or so of it aside to cool a bit, put it in the refrigerator, and try it the next day. I did something like that yesterday with that slow-cooker pilaf I made this week; it was still good, and although the weather wasn't as hot as today, it hit the spot with some canned chickpeas added. (If I'd wanted it warm, I could have left it outside in the sun, covered, for 5 minutes. Microwave?... I don't need no stinkin' microwave...)

I am having it again today and I am sure it would taste good cold however I love eating the noodles at the end while they are still hot.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

My hub was nice enough to heat up an English muffin and put smart butter on it and bring it to me. I took a shower and washed my hair on my 1st break and that is when I normally eat brunch.

steel cut oat/split red lentil day - berries, banana, date, molasses etc etc

it is interesting, after watching the Gut documentary they talked about the importance of eating a variety of foods (25-30 per week) fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses etc and my oatmeal and my noodley soup are the ways that I do that - my honey has always made fun of all the things I add to both and then after watching Hack Your Health he had a better understanding of why I do it - how else am I going to get in ground flax and hemp hearts and all the other 15 or 16 things that I add in?

Emma JC

@Emma JC I tend to get into ruts with food. What I eat is healthy and nutritious, but I really need to have a more diverse assortment of foods.

if you get a chance to watch it on Netflix, it will help you to understand why it is so important - it is well done and well presented and I learned a lot of new things about the gut biome

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Lunch was a very small plate of chickpea puree with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, slice peeled tomatoes, avocadoes, red roast peppers with a drizzle of evo and a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt. Artisan sourdough toast with spread.

Alpro yogurt with mango puree.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
today is normally noodley soup day however with having a pile of udon noodles last night for dinner I am not sure I feel like having it for lunch so will maybe have a banana in a wrap with pb&j and save my noodley soup for dinner

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52