Whatcha Eatin?

Today was a faux meat day. Lol.

Breakfast was tofu on an English muffin.

For lunch, I had an impossible chicken patty on an English muffin with pickles and onions.

Dinner was a smart dog on a hotdog bun with onions and mustard.

Interesting when I eat these types of meals, I feel more satiated and don't need to snack as much.

My snacks today were cantaloupe, watermelon, and lemon Italian ice.

I really wanted a hot dog when I was out in London at a vegan cafe, but it was out of stock. I had chicken nuggets instead which were very nice, to be fair.
Husband and son were eating hot dogs for a few days after Memorial Day and I was getting jealous lol. So I finally remembered to look for the smart dogs when I was at the supermarket yesterday. They're not great but they satisfy the craving when you add stuff to them or have them with baked beans. I like relish (not the sweet kind) but forgot to buy that.

I made a tofu scramble with green pepper, cherry tomatoes and spinach. I remembered to add nutritional yeast at the end for once. It was very filling and I didn't even need any toast.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Today I cooked some chick peas in my slow-cooker, after I let them soak overnight and rinsed them. I measured how much water I added before starting to cook them, and an hour before they were nearly done, I added just enough brown rice to soak up the cooking liquid. A few minutes before I turned off the cooker (when the water was almost absorbed), I added some rinsed-off garlic mustard I had pulled from my garden. (This stuff basically tastes a lot like like mustard greens). It was done before noon; I spooned out some of it and drizzled a bit of canola oil on it for lunch. Not bad!

Earlier this week, I read up a bit about garlic mustard. Apparently it has low levels of cyanide in it. I've eaten it before, and I'm still here. Still, I suppose it's best to know about these things. Even with my appetite, I think it would be hard for me to make myself sick with the stuff...

A Buddha bowl, sliced peeled tomatoes, sliced avocados, grated carrots, smoked sliced tofu, chickpea puree plus a sprinkle of
smoked paprika, lemon & evo vinaigrette. A slice ot toasted rosemary focaccia.

A doughnut peach.

Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Today I cooked some chick peas in my slow-cooker, after I let them soak overnight and rinsed them. I measured how much water I added before starting to cook them, and an hour before they were nearly done, I added just enough brown rice to soak up the cooking liquid. A few minutes before I turned off the cooker (when the water was almost absorbed), I added some rinsed-off garlic mustard I had pulled from my garden. (This stuff basically tastes a lot like like mustard greens). It was done before noon; I spooned out some of it and drizzled a bit of canola oil on it for lunch. Not bad!

Earlier this week, I read up a bit about garlic mustard. Apparently it has low levels of cyanide in it. I've eaten it before, and I'm still here. Still, I suppose it's best to know about these things. Even with my appetite, I think it would be hard for me to make myself sick with the stuff...
Are you talking about the garlic mustard that grows wild? I filled two 30 gallon brown paper bags with garlic mustard that was taking over my yard! I still have more growing. It pops up everywhere.

A salad with tuna (I discovered Marigold Vegan Tunah and liked it a lot, especially in salads), avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and lettuce. I need to lose weight as I've faced some health issues. Though I buy wegovy online and inject it once a week (it is supposed to help me lose weight faster), I still need to monitor my diet thoroughly. I'm glad that I started my journey exactly in summer when we have a wider choice of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15