Why is veganism making me feel lonely

However, I still don't really have any vegan friends :shrug:

Pro tip: Before having any vegan friends, you first have to have friends at all. ;)

Just kidding, but I myself am not what I guess to not really be a "people person", so I have very few people I would consider friends.
Amazingly, some people I only know virtually on the internet seem to be closer to me than others I have known for a long time.

I definitely feel a very similar feeling to @Emma JC 's earlier post about often feeling like an outsider.
And I am also quite convinced that this contributed to me "rejecting common sense" in the form of eating dead animals, and later all animal products.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I come from a small-ish place where veganism is rare. So, I can absolutely relate.

Being the only vegan in every social situation was becoming depressing. And there was little hope that this was going to change. I would have thought some of my close friends might at least try vegetarianism, but no.

So, in the end, I moved away. In fact, I emigrated to another country and got married to someone who is vegan! Now we also have a daughter who is vegan.

However, I still don't really have any vegan friends :shrug:

At least I have this forum!

The only vegan friends and pals that I have, are all in Brighton.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15