Nutrition & Diet August Health Challenge

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
New month, new thread! Post your month's health and fitness goals, tell us about your successes and setbacks, give and receive support, and anything else related to making healthy choices in the month of August!

Previous thread here.

Last month's goals were to lose 7lbs through excersise and to cut my mile running time down from 14 minutes to 10. I didn't meet either goal completely, but I took my mile time down to 13 minutes and lost 5lbs.

This month, I am not making a weight goal. My excersise buddy is in Switzerland for the entire month, so my goal is to keep motivated without her and continue to run, swim, and do yoga.

I am also taking a 30 day Ab Challenge this month, so that's another goal. If anyone would like to join in with the muscular torture, here is the challenge:

30day-ab-challenge-chart.png

Reactions: PTree15
I totally blew off July... another month of fail!! :( I have been afraid to get on the scale for a couple weeks as I was eating TERRIBLE things like my birthday cake! I am trying to look ahead to my new life NEXT month after my move when things will settle down and hopefully I can get back so some kind of exercise. Good luck to everyone in the new month!

AF, WOW, very cool!
Chryssie, you deserve birthday cake. Don't sweat it.

I have just six pounds to go for my goal weight, so I know it's going to come off more slowly. So, I will shoot for 3 pounds this month along with keeping up with 5 to 6 days of cardio and three days of weights. The next hiking trip is a day in the Grand Canyon, so I need to stay in shape.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Well I'm a bit late but I can officially sit crossed legged and get my nose on the floor. In fact, I can get my chest on the floor (ETA: although now I'm trying on a hard floor and I think that must have only been because I was on a big cushion-y mat!)

Next stop, I want to be able to sit with my legs straight in front of me and get my nose on my knees. This is something I haven't been able to do since I was a kid though so don't expect an update until Christmas lol :p

Well I'm a bit late but I can officially sit crossed legged and get my nose on the floor. In fact, I can get my chest on the floor.

Next stop, I want to be able to sit with my legs straight in front of me and get my nose on my knees. This is something I haven't been able to do since I was a kid though so don't expect an update until Christmas lol :p

Awesome!

Doing yoga is improving my flexibility a little... I can almost touch my toes now. This is a big thing for me.

:) Cool! I just love stretching, I don't know if I'd bother to work out if I didn't get to stretch :p I practice when reading/watching TV too.

I want to go swimming this week too, when I haven't been for ages I wimp out about going.

I did a Leslie Sansone walk/jog video this morning to change things up. It was a really good workout! I am proud of myself for getting in four days this week, despite a very crazy work schedule. I almost blew off a workout this morning, but I was like, NO, get UP and get MOVING. Very happy I did!

Not posting much but I'm still in the game. Walking at least four mornings a week.

Reactions: PTree15
Last week I started trying to drink an appropriate amount of water. Doing well as long as I'm at work and can time my water consumption. Weekends are harder.

August goals are to keep up with water drinking, and keep up with hooping several times a week.

I don't care if I lose weight or not.

Last week I started trying to drink an appropriate amount of water. Doing well as long as I'm at work and can time my water consumption. Weekends are harder.

August goals are to keep up with water drinking, and keep up with hooping several times a week.

I don't care if I lose weight or not.
Just being in good shape is awesome. I love being able to do things and not be hideously sore the next day. :D

I've signed up to Parkrun. Will be doing a 5k (3.1miles) race every Saturday at 9am.
Wish me luck for tomorrow. Furthest I've run is 2 miles! Xxx

Well, I finished it. Didn't run the whole way sadly :-(
Haven't run that far in about 7 years.
I still managed to finish in 34.16mins.
I came 175th out of 210 competitors.
And was the 65th female out of 91.
My aim is to try and run the whole way round and to try get sub 30mins xxx

Well done CCL! If I tried to run 5k my lungs would explode.

Managing the ab challenge so far, but I can see it getting super difficult. Boyfriend bought me a fitbit flex about a week ago and I'm loving it - I've been setting daily distance and activity goals and working that little bit harder to meet them. It's also helping me keep track of how much water I'm drinking. It sounds daft, but just having that little reminder on my wrist with its flashing lights is helping me make healthier choices, and I'm feeling a lot better for them.

Well, I finished it. Didn't run the whole way sadly :-(
Haven't run that far in about 7 years.
I still managed to finish in 34.16mins.
I came 175th out of 210 competitors.
And was the 65th female out of 91.
My aim is to try and run the whole way round and to try get sub 30mins xxx
Well done!! That's still a pretty decent time given that you didn't run the whole thing. Awesome, awesome!

I danced my rear end off at my brother's big party on Saturday (my mom kept asking me if I was ever going to stop :D ), and I rode bikes with my dad on Sunday for an hour. I took the morning off from working out because I stayed overnight at my parents' house and had to drive straight to work from there. If I can get out of work early enough, I may do my 5-mile walk. I ate a lot of junk over the weekend, so I need to get back on track food-wise. It sure was fun, though, haha. :D

You did it, which is an achievement in itself!

I bombed July's health goals. I dont remember what they were but im fairly sure I didnt achieve any.

I really need to join a gym this month. I get access to a free gym at work so theres really no excuse - other than fear of bumping into coworkers. Does anyone else have this irrational fear of going to a gym and everyone laughing at them because theyre ****/doing it wrong/too unfit to be there (this is particularly stupid because im not overweight yet i cant shake it). I know that realistically, noone is going to care but sometimes brains dont like following logic.

Liz, most people at gyms (at least the ones I have been to) are into whatever they are doing. I know I don't really pay too much attention to anyone around me, unless it's someone I know, and I will give a wave or something. But then I get into my workout, usually with headphones, and focus on that.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr