Nutrition & Diet August Health Challenge

I remember, quite a few years ago, Shaklee products were popular and I used to like their protein drink. The woman who sold the products talked about visualization and how if we kept telling ourselves that we weighed (insert ideal weight) that eventually we would lose the unwanted pounds. I guess that could be something like visualization. :)

Reactions: ledboots
I remember, quite a few years ago, Shaklee products were popular and I used to like their protein drink. The woman who sold the products talked about visualization and how if we kept telling ourselves that we weighed (insert ideal weight) that eventually we would lose the unwanted pounds. I guess that could be something like visualization. :)
I used to like that shaklee shake too. :)

I don't want to go walking this morning. :pout:

But I'm trying to push myself. I have walked 5 out of the last 7 days. I should keep going in case I have a bad morning or two, or if it rains, in the coming week. I feel fine...just lazy. No real good reason to put it off. Ugh.

ETA: stalling....lol

Reactions: PTree15
I like this idea.
I took the weekend off. I was really feeling icky and tired, so I just did a lot cooking and chilling. I made spaghetti sauce, jarred pickles and made several salads of cucumbers and and tomatoes. I also diced up a bunch of fresh tomatoes for future used in either chili or maybe a pasta topping. I also did a sh*t ton of laundry and sorted out some clothes I no longer wanted/needed. Theo was very happy that for once, I stayed home on a weekend. :D

Today, though, I got right back into it -- I found another Leslie Sansone walk-at-home video, this time a five-miler. Good workout.

Did another Leslie Sansone video this morning even though these allergies are kicking my butt. 4 Fast Miles. I am really liking these videos. It's a nice change of pace from the gym. My gym buddy is on vacation this week, so I'm taking advantage of sleeping an extra half hour and working out at home. :)

Reactions: KLS52
I used to do Leslie Sansone walking videos...I should dig them out of hiding.

Reactions: PTree15
I used to do Leslie Sansone walking videos...I should dig them out of hiding.
They are a nice change of pace, and I get a really good sweat going.
This morning I overslept, so I did a 30-minute one. I hate it when I oversleep!

The lack of exercise has finally made me a bit fleshier than normal. I wouldn't mind too much but because I ache a lot of the time because of my job. The jiggle just jiggles the pain.

Never see them anywhere! Want.

Well I'm starting the 30 day shred again as I gave that a break. I find it really effective for MUSCLES, woo.
I have never tried that. It looks daunting. :D

Today I did a 50-minute random hill climb on the treadmill. I am upping the speed/intensity a bit because I have a big hike in a couple of weeks and there will be climbing, climbing and more climbing, woot!

I have never tried that. It looks daunting. :D

Today I did a 50-minute random hill climb on the treadmill. I am upping the speed/intensity a bit because I have a big hike in a couple of weeks and there will be climbing, climbing and more climbing, woot!

It's not too bad if you're relatively fit. I mean, it's definitely very hard work but it's 20 minutes a day...no excuses really. You'd be fine! :D

I'm ****** off that I can't do today's. going to have to miss a day & hopefully get back to it tomorrow.

It's not too bad if you're relatively fit. I mean, it's definitely very hard work but it's 20 minutes a day...no excuses really. You'd be fine! :D

I'm ****** off that I can't do today's. going to have to miss a day & hopefully get back to it tomorrow.
Lol, I get cranky when I can't fit in my workout, too :D.
For some reason, I thought the shred was a 90-minute thing. Maybe I was thinking of the P90 thingy. :D
I will definitely check it out. I like to mix things up from time to time.