Nutrition & Diet August Health Challenge

^ I was confused about the Spring comment until I remembered that just because I live in Canada, doesn't mean everyone else does too. xD For me it's Fall that's almost here.

Update to that ab challenge: Holy smokes. Apparently I really needed it. I was hardly able to do today's (day 2) because my gut is just killing me from yesterday's, even though it starts you off so wimpy. Admittedly, I did modify it slightly (swapped out the sit-ups for jack knives. I've always been taught that full sit ups are bad for your back, and since crunches are already included in the regimen, I had to think up something else. Jack knives are HARD ;_; ) but still, even with the modification, it's embarrassing to be this sore. XD I'll have to be sure to keep it up, as evidently I desperately need it.

Reactions: AeryFairy
:starshower: The Germs has left the building.

I am feeling better... but giving myself till the end of week to just recover 100% before going for a swim again, maybe even a little yoga.

Also going to the shops during lunch time and getting back into cooking healthier meals.

You guys are such an inspiration _ keep it up

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Glad you are feeling better...smart to give yourself a few more days. :)

I woke up with all kinds of sinus/congestion issues and decided a good sweat was in order. Kicked major butt on the treadmill: 1868 feet climbed in 45 minutes. Yep, I sure did sweat, and maybe it's psychological, but the sinus crapola subsided a bit :D.

Reactions: KLS52
So, pretty much ditto the above for today. Still have sinus crap and then did an even longer treadmill session: 65 minutes and I climbed 2,228 feet :D. I skipped my weights, though. I will get in only two sessions this week instead of three, but that's still better than zip.

Well I've been a massive failure. MUST SORT MYSELF OUT.

Problem is I'm very all or nothing. Need to learn the middle ground.

Well I've been a massive failure. MUST SORT MYSELF OUT.

Problem is I'm very all or nothing. Need to learn the middle ground.
I, too, suffer from this from time to time. It's a tough mindset to ditch, but you can do it, raggle!

Today I mixed things up with a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds video: 4 fast miles. It includes some light interval jogging with the walking. Just when I think I'm not exerting myself enough, the sweat all of sudden appears. :D

I lost track when I went on holiday in July and I haven't found it again. I am mostly living on homemade chips (both potato and sweet potato) and don't have the imagination to eat anything else. I'm still pretty active in my job but I can't even think about yoga or running without just feeling sad at the effort to get back into it.

By the end of the month I hope to:

- be getting my 5 a day again
- have run at least once a week
- have done some yoga at least one a week
- have signed up for a dance and/or yoga class

I ordered some bathroom scales of Amazon, so hopefully I will be able to start matching my weight with my calorie intake......I want to aim for dropping half a kilogram(~0.5lb) per week....so around 500kcal deficit......I'm not sure if I could manage that; maybe a 300kcal deficit.

I have to try to work out what a maintenance diet would be first.....I averaged around 3218kcal/day over the last 7 days, and that wasn't difficult; so maybe that is a maintenance calorie intake. Averaged 4miles/day walking, in that time too.

I used a online calculator, and it said someone of my build at healthy weight would use 1800kcal/day if he stayed in bed. So if that person needed 2500kcal/day if he were active then he would need 700cals/day to haul his *** about. As I weigh twice as much as I healthily should, I guess I would need twice as much as that, so 1400kcal/day+1800kcal/day(bed usage) so that would be around 3200kcal/day, so I guess that is about right.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
A couple of years after my younger child was born, I lost the extra pounds I'd gained, a third of my weight, and I think visualization techniques helped me. I meditate anyway, so it was kind of like meditating, where I would picture myself smaller. It was really low-key, and I usually fell asleep because unlike my regular mediation, I did this at bedtime and lying down.

I also started exercising and eating more sensibly, of course, but I felt the visualization helped me lose weight really fast. I am still an ok weight some 15 years later.

It was not this dramatic what I did, but this has the basic idea.
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/

Reactions: PTree15
I have dreamed that I am the right weight again, with six-pack etc, and in those dreams I often think how easy it was to lose all that weight; so I suppose that is a sort of visualisation......I think I'd need cosmetic surgery to get back a six-pack(not that I ever had much of one), if I got back down to 13 stone.