Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wholemeal toast with avocado spread, broccoli, nutritional yeast, ground sumac and salt.

A shake made of fresh strawberries, cold brewed hibiscus tea, tahini and dates.

Living it up this morning with a matcha green tea soy latte :p

I will have some flax pudding I made last night with some fresh berries for the main course.

I'm having a banana right now. I will make something a bit more substantial in an hour or so.

Your soup sounds tasty, Nekodaiden. I had soup the other day in the mid-morning. I threw the so-called breakfast, lunch and dinner rules out a long time ago. I cooked up a mess of black kale yesterday in the mid-morning, which I enjoyed immensely. I'll even eat salad for breakfast. Rules, what rules?

smoothie - frozen pineapple/strawberries/blueberries, banana, flax meal, cacoa powder, PB&Me powder, greens powder, almond milk

Emma JC

Coffee with pulverized sprouted barley.

Brunch was a quick throw together of potatoes, cauliflower and tofu scramble with a little salt and sumac spice, ketchup and mustard. I wanted bread with Vegemite. Alas, out of bread atm.

I'm having a banana right now. I will make something a bit more substantial in an hour or so.

Your soup sounds tasty, Nekodaiden. I had soup the other day in the mid-morning. I threw the so-called breakfast, lunch and dinner rules out a long time ago. I cooked up a mess of black kale yesterday in the mid-morning, which I enjoyed immensely. I'll even eat salad for breakfast. Rules, what rules?

I've found it's a quick easy meal. 3-4 potatoes, chopped and boiled with a small handful of onion flakes, and about half that of the garlic flakes/powder and salt to taste. I maybe use a handful or so of walnuts (or pepitas or other nut/seeds sometimes). Blended it all up and if I'm working, it goes in my thermos. While other people are drinking coffee, I'm sipping my breakfast for the first few hours of the day.

I suppose it could be spiced more. Maybe a little ground sumac, turmeric, rosemary, paprika, sprouted barley for extra B vitamins and minerals. Oh the possibilities. :)

Last edited:
Pita with avocado, chao, lettuce, home grown tomato and a slice of field roast mushroom deli slice.

Too early for breakfast. I'm just having my green tea, but will make a tofu scramble today with some hash browns.

I had oatmeal with brown sugar and soy milk this morning, and some dates.

Reactions: ski
About an hour an a half after my little experiment today (see Stuck in the Wilderness, what to eat thread in General). I had tacos:

Corn flour tortillas I made from corn I put through the Nixtamalization process. I kneaded it more this time, they came out a bit better texture wise.

With: Baked beans, Cos lettuce, tomato, raw onion, garlic, jalapenos, cumin spice and salt.

I had oatmeal and frozen heated raspberries. My bowls of oatmeal are huge, usually two cups cooked oatmeal, and usually I'll have a cup of fresh or frozen fruit with it when I have this meal for breakfast.
sorry if this may be a stupid question but how long do you heat them up in the microwave ?

what do you use instead of egg mixture ?
It's been awhile and I forgot to write down what I had originally used before I got the vegan egg. I think it was a mixture of almond milk and nutritional yeast. I know it didn't work out all that great. I'll have to experiment some more and figure out how.

Wholemeal toast with lower sodium Vegemite, sunflower seeds, mushrooms and tomato.

Half a can of Sophie's kitchen tuna (tastes like canned corned beef) and a baked potato with toffuti sour cream, earth balance, chives, nutritional yeast and garlic powder.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Status
Not open for further replies.