Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left-over pan fried tofu with spinach, onion, chili oil and soy sauce on top of a purple baked potato. Cup of soy milk to drink, then coffee.

This morning's fare was an experiment. After black coffee sweetened with a little jaggery, I had:

The cool liquid starch I boiled from Barley grass roots yesterday. Not all that much, a couple of large swallows.

Some light weight lifting.

Then a green smoothie: Barley grass (green portion), Chinese Cabbage,apple, lemon w/peel and ginger spice. Coming up to late morning and I'm a little hungry so am going to have a little wholemeal toast and Vegemite and cauliflower with tofu scramble.

Steamed broccoli with lemon juice, chickenless patty on a bun with veganaise and buttered penne noodles.

Reactions: hopeful
Potato and sprouted barley soup with walnuts. Spices were onion, garlic and salt. Blended.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I made some apple butter with some of the heaps of apples I harvested this year. I also made some apple pie preserves, and apple sauce. Anyhow, apple butter and toast this morning to follow my green tea.

I'm having more toast with apple butter. I feel badly putting my oatmeal on the back burner, but after the jar is opened, I have to use it up. I think it only lasts about a week after opening.

smoothie - 2 sm bananas, froz pineapple/strawberries/blueberries, flax meal, PB&Me, greens powder, almond milk

.... the usual

Emma JC

I am at my dad's house, and he has the best granola. So, I had some coconut chia granola with soy milk. I should get some for my house, but when my dad gave me a box the last time I was here, I forgot it at his house. So, it was one of my favorite granolas for breakfast this morning.

Breakfast/lunch: Pinto bean burritos on whole wheat flat bread. I mixed the pinto beans with some onion and garlic, cumin, ground sumac, white pepper, salt and cayenne pepper into a thick paste. Together with sliced cabbage, tomato, and a few jalapenos.

Also had hash browns.

That was breakfast and lunch. Snack was a few peanuts and whole wheat bread with lowered sodium Vegemite.

Well, after days of having toast and apple butter, I finally decided to make some oatmeal. I had steel cut oatmeal with an over-ripe banana for sweetener, and with a couple tablespoons of ground flax.

I had more coconut chia granola this morning, dry. (There was no more soy milk.) lol

Whole wheat toast with lowered sodium Vegemite, sunflower seeds, broccoli, and powdered mustard X4

Whole wheat wrap with avocado, a generous serving of soaked pepitas, cabbage, tomato, salt, white pepper and sumac X1

She said Zinc me! Alll night...

This morning, I am having a smoothie, consisting of part of a banana, frozen peaches, frozen strawberries, half a serving of chocolate protein powder, and chocolate soy milk.

The protein powder turned out to be very intense chocolate flavor, when combined with the chocolate soy milk. I decided to try it because my wife suggested it and I thought it would be helpful to have a little punch or protein now and then. I know vegans can easily get enough, but since I tend to prefer things that aren't the highest in protein, why not? :)

Coffee with sprouted barley and raw sugar since I ran out of dates.

Breakfast: Whole wheat sandwiches with roasted potato slices, broccoli florets, tomato slices, cabbage, homemade mustard (mustard, flax seeds, onion, garlic, salt) and ketchup.

Edit: I frequently forget ingredients! I looked at my scraps from breakfast and forgot to add I had avocado with this!)

Last edited:
More oatmeal, then I had toast and apple butter. I'm making some more apple butter as I type. Yum!

Please elaborate. I'm not a huge fan of apples, but I have a peach tree that will give fruit in the coming months!

Status
Not open for further replies.