Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole wheat bread with homemade hummus (chickpeas(soaked overnight/cooked), fresh onion and garlic, salt, white pepper and water -blended), broccoli, tomato.

Trying to find animal-free hummus in the supermarket was a bit of a challenge. I finally found one but it was loaded with oil. I'm going to toss it today.
I'm curious as to what animal products are in hummus by you. I've never seen hummus with any animal products in it.

Reactions: hopeful
This morning, I had oatmeal with brown sugar and plain (unflavored) soy milk. I am also making banana bread, which I might have for a snack when it's done.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I'm curious as to what animal products are in hummus by you. I've never seen hummus with any animal products in it.

I misused the term "hummus". When I was at the grocery store the other day before work I was looking for hummus, as I had made none and was in a hurry. So I asked and was pointed to the section where hummus was. It was among a variety of spreads that had animal products in them, but the stuff I found didn't. However it did have oil as the second (and 4th) ingredient from memory, so I used some but threw it out later - not because it wasn't vegan(it was) but because I felt the extra oil was unnecessary and am happy with my homemade.

A blended shake: Sprouted broccoli, fresh cabbage, tomato paste, onion, garlic, mustard powder, salt

and wholemeal toast with lower sodium Vegemite.

This morning, I had oatmeal with brown sugar and soy milk.

This morning, I had leftover pizza from last night. The pizza was topped with mushrooms, olives, and a balsamic vinegar glaze.

Red beans and rice from last night. Adding some crispy crowns to it. First time making an entire bag of kidney beans in the slow cooker. It was on low for almost twelve hours while we were working. Turned out wonderfully. Not watery and not burnt. Definitely doing it again. Made enough beans to last a few days.

Bagel sandwich. Whole wheat sesame seed bagel, hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber. cup of coffee.

Grilled potato slices with salt and white pepper, ketchup. Also, broccoli.

Having gardein beefless tips, mushrooms, onions, mashed potatoes with gravy and some cheesy garlic pita.

Homemade (by my wife) pizza (topped with black olives, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts) and a piece of pumpkin pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.