Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a surprise this morning.

Today's breakfast was a smoothie: Blended apple slices, cucumber, lemon(with peel), ginger, turmeric, kale, and some dates. After Lou Corona's recipe but missing a few ingredients and as a smoothie, not juiced. Pretty low calorie breakfast. Just before I had a little coffee with small handful of sprouted barley with tahini/date milk..

...and that's it. I expected to be really hungry in just a few hours after this but I wasn't. Was good till lunch.

Breaky was:

Coffee, with sprouted barley and date/tahini milk

Green smoothies:

1st: Apple slices, lemon slices (including peel), kale, parsley, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, dates to sweeten
2nd: Apple slices, lemon slices (including peel), parsley only, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, dates to sweeten

I made avocado toast, which isn't the norm for me, but I need to eat them up before they spoil. Guacamole and chips for lunch, anyone?

Guac and chips is on my menu for tonight, actually. I had leftover tomato and avocado from making those eggplant "bacon"-lettuce-tomato sandwiches earlier. Also had some leftover cilantro and green onion from my little enchilada casserole lunches. Guac and chips is a well-balanced meal, I say. ;) (at least for one or two days)

@Kellyr

Guac and chips are definitely a balanced meal. I'll eat hummus and chips as a meal too :p

I have lots of tomatoes too. I need to start freezing some soon. I have more than I know what to do with at the moment.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
@Kellyr

Guac and chips are definitely a balanced meal. I'll eat hummus and chips as a meal too :p

I have lots of tomatoes too. I need to start freezing some soon. I have more than I know what to do with at the moment.

*[/QUO
@Kellyr

Have you ever tried making your own hummus? After I realized how easy it is to make, I really avoid buying them. Check out my simple recipe here:

Overnight oats in unsweetened vanilla hemp milk, with ginger and cinnamon, and a sliced banana on top.

Don't usually do the overnight oats thing but I just moved into my gorgeous new apartment but don't have my pots and pans back from my friend's house yet. Overnight oats, Daiya pizza, and bread or veggies in hummus shall be my fate.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
A little late for me, but I had a refreshing mixed berry smoothie.

@Forest Nymph

Congrats on the new place. It's always a nice renewing feeling, once the moving part (work) is done ;)

Furthermore, the menu doesn't sound too bad, considering. I've never had a Daiya pizza, but you did say the magic word pizza.

A little late for me, but I had a refreshing mixed berry smoothie.

@Forest Nymph

Congrats on the new place. It's always a nice renewing feeling, once the moving part (work) is done ;)

Furthermore, the menu doesn't sound too bad, considering. I've never had a Daiya pizza, but you did say the magic word pizza.

I'm so happy it's a gorgeous design near the forest, and one of my roommates is vegan, her sister is vegetarian and my other roommate is open to vegan meals.

I love pizza, my favorite adolescent food. I hadn't enjoyed a Daiya pizza since finals week in May because my summer employment took me far away from such luxurious vegan options. I excused myself to eat one last night since they can be baked directly on the oven rack and eaten with nothing more than a napkin.

The berry smoothie sounds good. I plan on using a blender more in the coming year.

Do you have a pizza or recipe for pizza that you enjoy?

This was for yesterday:

I was pretty rushed to make it to work yesterday so I just put some stuff in a bag and left without preparing anything.

Wholemeal bread sandwiches with Vegemite, sunflower seeds, broccoli, red bell pepper and cos lettuce. Along with some lemon juice/peel mixed with dates for a homemade lemonade, this was what I had for breakfast and lunch.

This was for yesterday:

I was pretty rushed to make it to work yesterday so I just put some stuff in a bag and left without preparing anything.

Wholemeal bread sandwiches with Vegemite, sunflower seeds, broccoli, red bell pepper and cos lettuce. Along with some lemon juice/peel mixed with dates for a homemade lemonade, this was what I had for breakfast and lunch.

As a stupid American I ask, what is cos lettuce? Is it anything like romaine, which is delicious and nutritious

I woke up hungry. I usually always eat a banana first thing, but I'm out, so I'm making a mushroom, onion, and tofu scramble for breakfast. I'm also making some hash brown potatoes to go with it. The full meal deal...I'll need a nap after this :D lol

Breakfasts this week will be overnight oats with chia seeds and coconut milk (not the canned variety) with chopped walnuts, dried apricots, fresh blue berries, fresh peaches, and a little granola.

Coffee and soaked/crushed barley in my French press with tahini/dates to sweeten.

Then a green smoothie: Cucumber, parsley, lemon w/peel, ginger, turmeric,black pepper and heated dates to sweeten.

Coffee with tahini milk and heated dates to sweeten. No barley this time.

Green smoothie: Cucumber, parsley, onion, garlic, some sunflower seeds, turmeric, black pepper, ginger. No lemon or dates this time.

Drank too much last night. Something I'm doing (Barley? Green smoothies?) has changed my body with how it treats alcohol and my best guess is that it's metabolizing it into sugar because I am waking up with energy, and this is new. I did not want to eat at all today until like 2pm, and even then I was not hungry. This is the opposite of what I usually experience, which is feeling super hungry.

Coffee with roasted barley powder, tahini milk and date syrup.

Green smoothie: Blended apple slices, cucumber, celery, dates, lemon(with peel), ginger, turmeric, black pepper. Not quite enough so...

I also made a concoction of sprouted barley (as flour), cinnamon and dates blended as a semi warm drink that I filled my thermos with to drink throughout the morning.

Avocado toast with marmite, sliced tomato, balsalmic dressing and sprouts.

Coffee: black grounds with pulverized sprouted barley in my French press. Tahini milk/dates to sweeten.

Green smoothie: Cucumber, celery, apple slices, lemon slices w/peel, turmeric, black pepper, ginger, and a little tahini/date milk to sweeten further.

Some time after this (just before lunch) I was not very hungry but just wanted something a little more so I had a wholemeal sandwich with tofu scramble, some sunflower seeds, tomato, salt and pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.