Christmas cooking: What will you be making?

Had homemade soup, redwoods turkey, redwoods beef, redwoods sausages, roast potatoes, mashed potato, roast parsnips, steamed carrots, sweet corn and brussel sprouts, followed by home made chocolate cake and home made trifle (shop bought stollen and mince pies also available)... We had 13 for dinner but felt like feeding the 5000, been cooking and cleaning almost non stop for 2 days, but there's lots of leftovers and time tomorrow to watch tv and open presents (didn't have time today because of all the cooking!)

Sorry if that is large, I can't change it on my phone. If someone can resize it, please do?

That looks amazing : ) . It is not too big either. The nut roast looks nice and the vegetables look like such a lovely shade of green. Also, is that a Yorkshire Pudding I see there? : )

Had homemade soup, redwoods turkey, redwoods beef, redwoods sausages, roast potatoes, mashed potato, roast parsnips, steamed carrots, sweet corn and brussel sprouts, followed by home made chocolate cake and home made trifle (shop bought stollen and mince pies also available)... We had 13 for dinner but felt like feeding the 5000, been cooking and cleaning almost non stop for 2 days, but there's lots of leftovers and time tomorrow to watch tv and open presents (didn't have time today because of all the cooking!)

That sounds really delicious too! I am in the leftover phase right now and it is even better the next day : ) . Boxing Day is great for relaxing...

I was at my grandparents house for dinner today. So whilst they had turkey and pork, I had Linda McCartney sausages. I had my own separate gravy. Other than that we shared the trimmings. My nan got me a fruit salad and some soy cream for after xxx

Similar here, I had the same vegetables and stuffings as the omnis but my lentil loaf and gravy. I might try the Linda McCartney sausages one day, I have seen them around.

The cherry pie was a disaster.... Not sure what went wrong with the crust but it was terrible...

Looking forward to seeing your photo...

Well I bet the filling was nice, you can always eat that part. And I am sure you can try again with another crust... : )

Still having problems with my phone. Will post it tomorrow perhaps.

We ended up with a ridiculous amount of food because we just kept grabbing vegetables and making stuff:

qe3e7equ.jpg

Tofurky, chestnut roast, Paxo, red cabbage (thanks mum!), parsnip and sweet potato mash, potato mash, roast potato, steamed leeks and carrots, roast parsnips and nutmeg sautéed brussel sprouts (which was two people's favourite!). Mushroom gravy.

se5unyju.jpg

Pumpkin cake for pudding :)

Yes, the pictures are great! I wasn't quick enough to get pictures...there were 21 of us at my cousin's house. I might be able to make a photo worthy plate of leftovers later today. Cousin made vegan green beans and asparagus, both with a balsamic glaze. I had my lasagna that turned out to be amazing and candied sweet potatoes. I didn't have time to make myself a special dessert but I had my vegan cookies that I made a few days earlier so they fit the bill. :)

Reactions: PTree15