Does cooked broccoli have a strong smell?

Does cooked broccoli have a strong smell?

• No, of course not!

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yeah

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
Genetic defect..pah. surely that would more accurately apply to people who put ketchup on spaghetti.
The sad fact is that most commercial brands of so-called "pasta sauce" is inferior in taste to the humble ketchup. But now you're getting off-topic, maybe you should start a new thread :)

I thought I was the only person that put ketchup on spaghetti, all my friends/family think I'm weird. I love all types of pasta sauce, but every once in a while ketchup with some garlic salt and lemon pepper hits the spot.

The thought of ketchup on pasta makes me cringe, but I suppose I shouldn't criticize something I've never tried. :) I grew up in a home where pretty much everything was homemade...bread, pasta noodles and sauce that we actually called "gravy". Now that's a fun debate...is it sauce or gravy? Lol

My son had a friend who used ketchup on pasta. The first time I saw him do that I was in shock. I think its more because ketchup is so sweet. But I think my curiosity is going to get the better of me and I just might have to try it.

Reactions: thefadedone
I love ketchup and put it on almost everything I eat , but it never occurred to me to put it on pasta due to the sweetness of it.

Tinned spaghetti has a sort of ketchup on it. I am not a fan tho.

I actually cooked some brussels sprouts for lunch a few weeks ago before heading out for the day, and when I got home later that night, I was knocked in the face by the lingering smell. I don't mind the smell of cooked broccoli though.