February Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an ongoing life long battle, I’m afraid. One step forward two steps back, lol. Ocassionaly you gain more steps than you lose.
Numbers:
I saw 136.0 yesterday and I started at 140.9[spoiler\]

January was a lost month for me goals-wise. Here's hoping February is better.

I'm having a green smoothie daily as I now buy frozen spinach and frozen blueberries and leave them in bowls in the fridge so they defrost for the next day. I think it is easier than using fresh as it goes off too easily. I just add sliced bananas to it.

I want to lose some more weight this month and also avoid all takeaways too. They are unhealthy and they cost too much money as well!

Reactions: PTree15
I'm having a green smoothie daily as I now buy frozen spinach and frozen blueberries and leave them in bowls in the fridge so they defrost for the next day. I think it is easier than using fresh as it goes off too easily. I just add sliced bananas to it.

I want to lose some more weight this month and also avoid all takeaways too. They are unhealthy and they cost too much money as well!

If you have a high wattage blender, you don't have to defrost fruit and vegetables before making a smoothie.;)

I also love vegetable & fruit smoothies.:up:

Absolutely! I just put the frozen spinach or kale into the Vitamix and blend the hell out of it. Also makes for a nice "iced" smoothie.

I've never thought to use frozen spinach in smoothies! I buy fresh and usually have one handful in a smoothie, the rest goes with some kind of pasta or soup. I buy chopped frozen for the tofu/ onion soup mix dip.

I've been down with the flu the last two days and finally was able to shower! I also felt like eating--and of course the only thing that appealed was my emergency Top Ramen! I know that stuffs really bad, but I always crave it when I'm sick, and I feel better after having it! I made half the pack and I finally feel hydrated, in spite of how much water I've been drinking

My Kenwood blender is crappy and won't blend the spinach when it is frozen.

I got off to a bad start this weekend. Some friends gave us a huge container of Lindt chocolates, which I pretty much devoured. Three other people helped us finish it off, but I'm pretty sure it was me who ate most of it. Then my parents brought these chocolate cake things for us when they came up to visit. I ate two of them. THEN we went to an all-you-can-eat buffet that happens to serve the most amazing bread pudding, which I had to eat of course.

:cry:

I also skipped yoga on Saturday so we could entertain our guests. I'll probably go tonight or tomorrow morning to make up for it.

It's my birthday week, but I'm going to try to keep on track until Thursday at least, maybe? :rofl: Saturday will be the bottle share to celebrate, I'm fully expecting upwards of 30 big beers to be opened that day... It's going to be a caloric NIGHTMARE!

I’m happy.

I haven’t seen this number since October 2016.

Reactions: Poppy and Katrina
I’m happy.

Nice! Yeah, I lost week before last, and gained some of it back this past week... I need the events to be over... After the wedding March 3rd I guess we can take a step back from life being a party.

I think I understand why we're using the spoiler tag... Very thoughtful

Went from 149 to 144.2... This past week back up to 146.8 grrr lol

I’m happy.

Fantastic, KLS!

I did a Leslie Sansone power walk video this morning. It's one of her better videos (and one of her free ones, just Google iwalk and Leslie Sansone). I feel like I get a really good workout with this one. It's a three-miler.

Last edited:
Today I did a 45 minute hiit class. It was brutal, but I liked it. My new goal is to do that once a week plus whatever other class.

I like the frozen spinach idea. It might taste good thrown in with scrambled tofu.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I stumbled upon this on FB and found it interesting. I might give it a try. Even if I start out just doing it on the weekends. I used to do Leslie Sansone and really liked it. This seems similar and doable.

I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't had any takeaways yet this month. I looked back on my HungryHouse account and I had 5 Indian takeaways in January.:blush: Terrible! I know it's only the 8th of February, but it is still a good sign that I have managed to avoid them. I think it's the dark and cold weather that makes me feel really lazy and not like cooking in the evenings. Complete waste of money too! ETA - That is over £100 on takeaways for January, just added it up.:eek:

I'm just watching a woman called High Carb Hannah on YouTube. She follows a Whole Food Plant Based diet and she lost a lot of weight. 40 lbs in 6 months. She also cut out caffeine and alcohol. She has some really cute animals and lives in a Tiny House, I think she said 200 sq ft?! She is quite interesting.:)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Thinking about it, I have no idea how I managed to lose any weight last month.:rofl:

:iiam:

I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't had any takeaways yet this month. I looked back on my HungryHouse account and I had 5 Indian takeaways in January.:blush: Terrible! I know it's only the 8th of February, but it is still a good sign that I have managed to avoid them. I think it's the dark and cold weather that makes me feel really lazy and not like cooking in the evenings. Complete waste of money too! ETA - That is over £100 on takeaways for January, just added it up.:eek:

I'm just watching a woman called High Carb Hannah on YouTube. She follows a Whole Food Plant Based diet and she lost a lot of weight. 40 lbs in 6 months. She also cut out caffeine and alcohol. She has some really cute animals and lives in a Tiny House, I think she said 200 sq ft?! She is quite interesting.:)

I had a peek at her blog. She seems to have some very tasty and original recipes.:up:

I did 25 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I really don't like that machine for many reasons, but my friend beat me to the gym, and I wanted to chat with her, so I was stuck doing it, haha. It was actually quite a good workout. I might even do it again. :D I was hoping to go snowshoeing with my friend Meg in Maine this weekend, but the weather up there is going to be wretched for driving, so I'm putting off the visit until early March. Instead, I will take a walk tomorrow. It's going to rain, but the temperature is supposed to hit 50, so I will suck it up and put on the rain gear. I'm tired of indoor workouts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.