Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rinse it with hot water after cooking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just cook it, strain it, eat it

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Some other method

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Last week I tried making it on the stove with extra water and then draining the extra water...it came out like mush. I must have cooked it too long. Guess I will stick with my microwave cooker and die from arsenic poisoning. :(

^ If you cook it in lots of water it only takes 10 miniutes max.

I tried cooking it the other way too, I don't think it tasted any different although I'm tempted to cook two batches and do a blind taste test to satisfy my curiosity....

Do people do this with pasta too or just rice? :)

Last week I tried making it on the stove with extra water and then draining the extra water...it came out like mush. I must have cooked it too long. Guess I will stick with my microwave cooker and die from arsenic poisoning. :(

I'll be right there with you, with the arsenic poisoning.

Do people do this with pasta too or just rice? :)

I cook pasta in a lot of water and drain it. (Unless I'm putting it in soup, then I just add a little extra liquid to the soup and cook the pasta directly in the soup.)

Reactions: KLS52
I have a rice cooker. That's what I use. Unless I'm making a dish with rice in it, then I'll cook it on the stove. If I'm making soup with rice, I'll just add extra liquid and cook the rice in the soup.

I'm really not too concerned about arsenic. I don't eat rice that often, and we've all got to die of something, anyway.