How do you differ IRL?

How do you differ IRL?

• Total voters
Like others who have posted, I'm shyer and quieter IRL. I'm more outspoken, confident, and definitely funnier online than offline. Once you get me to open up offline, I can more or less talk like a normal person, but you have to work a little to get me to talk.

I guess I'm the opposite to most people. Online I'm more likely to take a quiet back seat, I guess 'cause so many other people are outspoken and loud I dont try to compete. Whereas IRL I will be more involved in a conversation (and never shut up). Not that I'm loud, I just can talk the hind legs off a donkey.

Oh and I'm not a set of three bananas.

Reactions: SummerRain
Personally I kinda random depending on my moods and depending on what the person is I am seeing in person. I am laid back and Peaceful as sometimes when I am online I am very outspoken. I try everything once if I do like it i don't do it or eat or drink it no more.

I'm less comfortable speaking online. You guys are way scarier than my RL friends, lol. :D
I'm kidding...I think it's because it's easier to misconstrue meaning/intent online so it's safer to just be quiet.

I'm less outspoken in forums/online. It's probably because typing something out gives me the chance to read what I'm saying before publishing it, whereas in RL, I will say whatever dumb thing crosses my mind without enough thought! hehe

Reactions: kazyeeqen
I voted I have no idea. Because in actuality I have no idea who I am anymore.

On another note, I didn't even understand what IRL meant until I read the pole and got it. I don't text or communicate majorly online.

I selected exactly the same, which isn't entirely true. With me, what you see is what you get. I'm not one of those people who hides behind the anonymity of the Internet or builds a persona to fit the board or situation.

If anything, I hold back more IRL.
This.

I think it is hard to say. I hold back a lot online and offline, for reasons. I am not a shy person at all but often I find I disagree with someone or feel irritable and I dont want to get in an argument with them so I dont say anything. But it is not out of shyness at all, more self preservation.

I tend to find I am either overcommunicative or undercommunicative and closed off, and there is no real balance between the two. I am either completely silent, or talking in monologues.

Quieter, but not necessarily shy. I'm outgoing, but not chatty. At work, especially, I can come off as a bit cold and detached. When I have my mind set on something, everything else in the world ceases to exist. I would guess I probably seem more chatty online, not sure how others perceive me really.

I'm chattier IRL. I find typing annoying. I'll get into moods where I post a lot, but most of the time, I can't be bothered so I lurk more.

IRL, I'm shy at first, just like when I join a new forum, but I open up a lot faster IRL

I think I'm funnier IRL, and also have a bit of a shorter temper.

I have no idea, really. On most other forums, I would say I'm a lot more animal-obsessed than I come across, but that doesn't really apply here because I am free to wander over to the appropriate threads and swoon over kitties and puppies and bunnies all day long.