TV & Film Movie Lounge

I watched Back to the Future last night, I hadn't seen that film in years!

It was weird as I woke up this morning with a craving for a particular orange juice I got when I was on holiday in Spain when I was 9. I realised it must have been because that was in 1985. The film or the music must have triggered a memory.:dizzy:

Well, that's understandable... I think he's known mostly for horror movies.

Yeah, I think that was why they had the John Carpenter season on there.:D I had seen all the films they put on so they were all rewatches.

I watched a British horror film called The Ritual (2017) last night. It was about a group of men who meet up to go on a trip to a forest in Sweden after the death of one of their friends. It started off quite well, but petered out after that. It wasn't really scary at all.

Happy Death Day. I read it was supposed to be like Scream crossed with Groundhog Day. I thought it was quite clever.

We watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Well, Jen fell asleep half-way through. It had violence and explosions for those who are into that sort of thing, but it also had vaguely funny dialogue, and a couple of silly characters. Another plus was that it had a green-skinned, hot-stuff lady in one of the leading roles.

We watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Well, Jen fell asleep half-way through. It had violence and explosions for those who are into that sort of thing, but it also had vaguely funny dialogue, and a couple of silly characters. Another plus was that it had a green-skinned, hot-stuff lady in one of the leading roles.
Ah, so I gather you've always been a "green girl" fan...? ;)

tgdaily%2F2016-09%2Ff982fdec-ce9a-471c-9b69-c8f91d712d95%2FVKW-star-trek-the-original-series-green-orion-slave-girl.jpg

As far as GOTG goes... I liked it better the second time. But both flicks are still my least faves in the Marvel Avengers universe. And I just don't like the characters... none of them. LOL

Reactions: Second Summer
We watched My neighbour Totoro the other day. Amazing!

Hi IS, have you watched any of the other Studio Ghibli films yet?

If you need tips and suggestions, let me know, we have watched all of them many times over :)

No, we haven't watched anything else by them. Are there other movies in the same style? Do you have any recommendations?

Hi, we had the discussion about Studio Ghibli movies some time ago, and I have just come across this very good writeup:

Every Studio Ghibli Film, Ranked From Worst to Best

It's fun, because I have looked at a number of Studio Ghibli ranking lists, and they seem to typically agree on two things .... "Tales from Earthsea" is at the very bottom, and "Spirited Away" is typically consistently at the top of the list.

Anyway, all of these movies IMO are worth watching (well, have not watched "Tales from Earthsea"), and this list describes the different movies a bit.

I took some time off work recently which automatically = 24/7 on Netflix. I got completely addicted to the show Vikings and then finished Last Kingdom in a day, highly recommend both TV series (both are on Netflix). I've also seen a documentary called 'The True Cost' which uncovers the truth behind the fast fashion industry. I know that I'm probably the last person on Earth to see it so late but I really recommend it, makes you switch to organic fashion instantly.

I'm watching the newest Sharknado film.

If loving these terrible films is wrong, then I don't want to be right.:p

I'm supposed to see the new Mission Impossible film this week. I really don't like Tom Cruise!

Reactions: Val
I'm watching the newest Sharknado film.

If loving these terrible films is wrong, then I don't want to be right.:p

I'm supposed to see the new Mission Impossible film this week. I really don't like Tom Cruise!
I detest Tom Cruise... but I like Mission Impossible stuff... so when I see the latest, I'll make sure it's a freebie. LOL :rolleyes:

I detest Tom Cruise, full stop :)
Have been re-watching the Mission Impossible movies and found out that I do detest them, on top of Tom Cruise being the main actor (while I loved the original series)

Reactions: Susanne A.