UK Product Thread

I would say yes and there are a few Vegans discussion how yummy it is on one of my FB vegany groups...

just saw on Tescos site: Food Heaven Lemon Dairy Free Cheesecake

832%5C5021254901832%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Ingredients

Soya Based Non Dairy Soft Cheese Alternative 32.4% {Cultured Water from Premium Soya Beans, Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils, Modified Potato Starch, Sugar, Salt, Emulsifying Salt (Calcium Citrate), Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Flavouring, Preservative (Potassium Sorbate)},Soya Milk 24.9% {Water, Hulled Soya Beans (5.6%), Emulsifying Salt (Tri-Calcium Phosphate), Maltodextrin, Flavouring, Stabiliser, (Gellan Gum)} ,Sugar ,Margarine (Vegetable Oil, Water, Salt, Emulsifier (E471), Colours (E160b, E100), Flavouring ,Gram Flour ,Pounded Yam ,Rice Flour ,Lemon Juice from Concentrate ,Natural Lemon Flavouring ,Gelling Agent (Agar) ,Stabiliser (Carob Gum) ,Vanilla Flavouring (Colour E150) ,Turmeric

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=273981825

----

It says it's vegetarian. but is is vegan...?

Looks good anyway.

MMM THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME!

just saw on Tescos site: Food Heaven Lemon Dairy Free Cheesecake

832%5C5021254901832%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Ingredients

Soya Based Non Dairy Soft Cheese Alternative 32.4% {Cultured Water from Premium Soya Beans, Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils, Modified Potato Starch, Sugar, Salt, Emulsifying Salt (Calcium Citrate), Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Flavouring, Preservative (Potassium Sorbate)},Soya Milk 24.9% {Water, Hulled Soya Beans (5.6%), Emulsifying Salt (Tri-Calcium Phosphate), Maltodextrin, Flavouring, Stabiliser, (Gellan Gum)} ,Sugar ,Margarine (Vegetable Oil, Water, Salt, Emulsifier (E471), Colours (E160b, E100), Flavouring ,Gram Flour ,Pounded Yam ,Rice Flour ,Lemon Juice from Concentrate ,Natural Lemon Flavouring ,Gelling Agent (Agar) ,Stabiliser (Carob Gum) ,Vanilla Flavouring (Colour E150) ,Turmeric

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=273981825

----

It says it's vegetarian. but is is vegan...?

Looks good anyway.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Reactions: Muggle
Tried the Garlic free from cheese.
Had it on crackers. It was ok, but still had a weird after taste. M wasnt a fan, he put mustard on to cover up the taste.
I tried it on spag bol last night, tasted a bit better. Might have a go at a baked potato with some mashed in...
Havent tried the hard cheese yet.

I loveeee that garlic cheese. :p only had it on ryvita though.

Tried the medium hard cheese last night on crackers. Was alright. Funny taste.

The spread cheeses are good to melt into a sauce for pasta/mac n cheese. They go really creamy, and then you can add spices and veggies.

No no nonononononnonononon!
Sooooo angry.
Unliever (big big animal testers) have bought out Swedish Glace!!!! :mad:

^ :down:

The lemon cheesecake has been sold out whenever I've tried to buy it!

I tried the Tesco garlic cheese spread and thought it was nice on crackers and on warm toast. I'm going to make roast pepper and tomato soup today and make a cheese toastie to try the hard cheese today.

Beyond sad. It seems so silly to be this sad but Swedish Glace was my one love...it helped me stay away from dairy icecream right away! I was proud.

Beyond sad. It seems so silly to be this sad but Swedish Glace was my one love...it helped me stay away from dairy icecream right away! I was proud.

I know how you feel. Honestly, I think I'll still buy it every now and again... It doesn't get bought often anyway, and there's just nothing like it to get rid of the dairy ice cream cravings. But I'm incredibly annoyed.

I buy one/two tubs a year...I feel awful buying it but at least its vegan...Im torn!

Same here. I avoid unilever and other companies as much as I possibly can, but sometimes it's just difficult. They own marmite, but I still buy that because any other off-brand version is just wrong. In an ideal world, everything would be totally ethically sound, but we all just have to do the best we can - as long as the product is vegan, if there's not a more ethical alternative, I go ahead and get it. The world is becoming a lot more accepting of veganism, animal testing is becoming more and more abhorrent to the general public, and companies are under more pressure to change. It's starting with smaller companies, but hopefully it'll reach all the big ones in our lifetimes and then we'll have to worry less about these things :)

Reactions: Alice-Bee
Holland and Barrett are doing buy one get one half price on everything in store. So I have a whole bunch of vegan goodies - loads of pasties to take to work, some ice cream, redwoods pâté (SO good), a load of fry's food, and they had some vegan quiches that I'd never seen before - they're individual-sized vegetable ones, and they looked interesting, so I got them to try. I used to love quiche.

^ I was thinking about those quiches the other day, they are very nice IMO. I'm going to H&B next week methinks.

I really am not a fan of that orange Tesco cheese and I wasn't very keen on the cheese spread although the garlic spread and the whiter hard cheese were okay and I would definitely buy them again.

The lemon cheesecake was lovely. Tesco do a nice mango and blackcurrant sorbet. I haven't found the Tesco vegan sandwich yet.

^ I agree. I have the medium cheese block & don't really like it. It's ok but has a very strange taste. I loveeee the garlic cream cheese though! Really good on ryvita-ey type crackers. Still haven't tried the mild cheese block or the cheesecake. :)

^ It tastes sweet to me which is quite weird.

I was just looking at the Tesco vegan list and I had forgotten about the Tesco Finest Gianduiotti chocolates, they are really lovely and taste like Fererro Rocher.

Today I bought some cheer-me-up nail varnish (and chocolate!) and I accidentally bought a Barry M Metallic one, I had no idea what it was I just liked the colour and didn't realise it was different (I double checked it's still vegan though)... but it's really good actually, I really like it. I've looked online and I like some of the other patterns better than the one I got, but actually I did mine badly and it's more swirly than a clear pattern which I think I prefer. I found this pic via google of the one I bought:

http://makeroomforcupcake.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/barry-m-magnetic-blue.html
P1080376.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to put it in a hidey thing so that it doesn't take up a load of room. But cool huh!

I also bought plamil "dairy free alternative to milk" chocolate which I quite like, not as good as moo free but it's all H&B had. Also they have stopped selling wot no dairy yogurts which is heart breaking, I'm allergic to soya yogurts :(