UK Product Thread

Well that sucks. It must've only been available in mine during the last few weeks because I go in & check for things like that all the time. Keep an eye out. :)

Supermarkets are getting so much better though, don't you think? I just went to waitrose to get my almond milk as I had none this morning (boo!) & they had almond breeze as well as alpro. Almond breeze is unsweetened; it always annoyed me how alpro is so sweetened. Yay, love it. :D

You can get vegan single cream and a vegan margarine in my boyfriend's local corner shop now; I'm always happy when I notice changes like this. Extra especially when they make my life easier.

If any of you guys live near B&M stores. They are selling Sushi kits..well sort of.
The seaweed wrap sheets are 29p and Wasabi paste 29p too. They had other bits like chilli sauces and coconut milk. The milk is 49p a tin. Perfect for making that vegan fudge ;)

^ wow that's cheap for coconut milk. I buy creamed coconut from a local asian food store, and make my own, but that's almost as cheap (it's like 90p a pack which makes 2/3 cans of coconut milk I think).

Supermarkets are getting so much better though, don't you think? I just went to waitrose to get my almond milk as I had none this morning (boo!) & they had almond breeze as well as alpro. Almond breeze is unsweetened; it always annoyed me how alpro is so sweetened. Yay, love it. :D

Yeah definitely! I think everywhere is, since going vegan 4 years ago I've seen so much new stuff - and then see it trickle into supermarkets and high street shops, it's brilliant. There's more stuff now than just 4 years ago, can't wait for another 4 years time! Maybe they'll have vegan mars bars in supermarkets*prays* !

I know..Its the good Blue Dragon brand too!
Its over £2 in the supermarkets.

Weird question...Esstential Oils...are they all vegan/cruelty free or do I need to find a CF brand that does them??

Whats B&M? I cant figure out the initials. That is REALLY cheap!

Tesco now do a vegan sandwich. Hummus and carrot chutney. Tbh I couldnt actually see any chutney in it, tasted like hummus and carrot to me. but yeah, yay, vegan lunch on the go.

edit: Just googled B&M. isnt one for miiiles near me. boo!

Home Bargains often has similar good stuff (cheap stir fry sauces and curry pastes and cereals and flapjacks and biscuits) to B&M.

I found vegan cheesecake in Tesco! :) Double pleasure - first finding that a major supermarket was stocking vegan cake,
then eating it - it was delicious. I had to read the ingredients for ages, as although it said "dairy-free", it wasn't marked as vegan or free from eggs -
I hope they add this to the box in time. There's 4 desserts now, must try them all - I had the lemon one, very tangy & tasty.

http://lovefoodheaven.com/

.................... vegan tiramisu on that website.
BRB GOING TO TESCO

Not really I dont live near a big tesco or go to any towns with one! Id only make the trek if I was sure they'd have stuff.

I found the freefrom raspberry passionfruit yoghurts (rather nice) and cream cheese (didnt buy) in a tiny tescos the other day, it was all they had from the whole range, but still yay its spreading. The one in Teddington in case anyone needs that info!

^ :master: I need to find these desserts!

I tried the new creamy Alpro yoghurts but I didn't notice that they were amazing.

I got some of the Tesco cheese!
I got mild block cheese and garlic cream cheese. I didnt have much money on me but they also have (in the freezer section) a dairy free Lemon cheesecake!
Oh and they have 'free from' fish fingers.. DONT BE FOOLED..they are free from crumb coating, but they are REAL fish....

The garlic cream cheese is so good!

I'm gonna pop to tescos later to get the block one too. :D

I had the PURE one before but it was awful! I figured the garlic would cover any soya-esc tastes.
I could only afford one block cheese, so i picked up mild first and stuck with that.

Does anyone know if it melts ok?

Rant time- I bought a bag of aunt Bessie's home style chips, didn't look at the ingredients (as its chips, I thought it was always just potatoes and oil) and then when I went to check how long they need to be cooked for I saw there's milk powder in the ingredients! Wtf?! Why on earth do you need to add milk to chips? I have a kilo bag here now and no idea what to do with them.

Milk finds it's way into everything. It's stupid & annoying.

I had the PURE one before but it was awful! I figured the garlic would cover any soya-esc tastes.
I could only afford one block cheese, so i picked up mild first and stuck with that.

Does anyone know if it melts ok?

It's so tasty, that garlic cream cheese on ryvitas - perfect! Indistinguishable from dairy cream cheese IMO.

Only went and forgot to get the block cheese. Agh! Dunno, you will have to be the first to try it out. :p