UK Product Thread

Tesco have a vegan salad cream. It's the light choices one.

Tesco's website lied. It had no egg in the ingredients or on the allergens list, so I ordered some with my shop, and the bottle clearly states egg. I got a refund on it, but I'm annoyed that I ordered it in the first place.

^ Ah how annoying. :(

I was trying to buy vegan white wine, and sainsburys were unusually unhelpful. Their website doesn't have the vegetarian/vegan labels on any of the wines online, even though I know quite a few are vegan. I emailed them to ask which wines were vegan and they just said their online store gives information about whether something is vegan or not - even though my whole point was that for the wines it didn't seem to. Either they don't have any vegan white wine anymore or the info isn't on there and customer services were very unhelpful.

I'm pretty certain that M&S label their vegan wines. I know the co-op definitely does.

Yeah I heard that, I think I will check it out :) Although so do sainsburys in-store, it's just online they don't.

I tried the Tesco mild hard cheese on some vegan spag bol last night...it was suprisingly nice. I can even eat small chunks of it without gagging hehe...my saturday treat was always cheese, crackers and pickles!

Reactions: SummerRain
I like how "I can eat some without gagging" is the critera for good vegan cheese :p

has anyone had the Starbucks Falafel panini recently? I used to like it, but havent seen it in there for months. Does it still exist?!

:( I noticed this recently too. There was once a time where there was a couple of vegan options in both cafe nero and starbucks, now starbucks has none and cafe nero has one (the pasta). Very disappointing. I don't eat in coffee shops very often these days but it was nice to know if I was meeting a friend of something I'd definitely be able to eat somewhere.

Has anyone tried the Redwoods roast beef/roast turkey? I'm making a roast dinner right now with the beef and some potatoes, veg and gravy. I've never tasted the beef thing, but right now, my whole kitchen smells of roast beef :drool: Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Ooooh yum! ^^

Going to get either hazelnut or almond butter from H&B tomorrow. Still undecided. What would you guys get? :)

Almond...if its anything like the milk the hazelnut for me is less universal..if that makes sense.

Yes I'm with you. I do want the almond more I was just wondering whether I should mix things up a bit & have hazelnut (considering I have almond milk every day.)

Have you tried them??