UK Product Thread

Baxters soups are quite yummy. There are a few that are not tomato based, but I'm not sure what they are off the top of my head. I try to only get it when it's on offer. (well, mostly) I like that their stuff is labeled as vegan if appropriate.

Went to Waitrose today and saw that they had Covent Garden soups for £1.15 but only some varieties. I'd just bought some at the Spar (don't laugh) the other day for a pound too. We got some sort of butternut squash black bean thing with jalapeños in it. Yum.

Also at W today, on offer, was Alpro's new pouring yogurt, which they've just started carrying it seems. I haven't tried it yet, but I picked one up. I don't really even know what pouring yogurt is, but yeah. :D

The other night, we tried one of those Granose loaf mixes that they have at H&B..the sunflower seed and lentil one. It was quite nice, which surprised me. I'd picked it up during the penny sale on a whim. It doesn't make very much at all, but they only cost about £1.50, so not too bad.

Oh, on the Goodlife burgers...I really like the nut ones. They're definitely not like a hamburger, but they're not beany at all. They have a spicy bean one too, that's breaded and is nice as well. I think IS likes that one better actually.

when i could still eat wheat we used to buy those granose nut/seed loafs--but we always bought 2 packages as one didn;t seem to be enough. They were yum--we had the peanut one every Christmas with dried cranberries added.

Did I mention...or perhaps it twas on other forum...that Jamison Raspberry ruffle (dark chocolate) bars are vegan

89p for 4 bars in Home bargains :)

Asda has fairtrade, organic, vegan (marked vegan friendly) Rose, red and white wine reduced to £4 (last time I checked). Picture of goose on front, dunno what it's called.

Off to Asda to buy cheeseless pizza, ice cream, chocolate syrup and wine. I love Friday nights :)

Also I went to Pizza Hut on Wednesday and got a cheeseless 9" pan veggie supreme plus unlimited salad for £5! Salad bar has nachos, salsa, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn, onions, balsamic olive oil and some other things, it was very filling. If anyone wants the voucher I got it from vouchercloud.

I thought Pizza Hut uses whey in their bases?

I get confused... at one point PH was vegan but Dominos wasn't, then it became vice versa. I thought it had stayed there but has it changed again?

I like the ASDA make your own pizzas. Im 99.9% sure their fresh bases are vegan, so I just ask no cheese, get a weird look and yumyum pizza.
Im not a pizza fiend, but I do like the odd one every so often on a Saturday night...or when my friends come over (if they order pizza, I have one in the freezer)

ETA:
I want to make this thing my Gran used to make me. Its one of the things that truely makes me feel like shes still here. But it has cheese in it. I tried to make one ages ago with crappy Cheezly and it was like eating molten candle wax. It got a skin on it but was molten inside...nasty.
However Ive found that the Tesco cheese melts better, so I was hoping it might work. Also this might just be a Northern thing..its cheese and onion baked. Basically just sliced raw onion and sliced cheese baked with a little milk...was the best thing ever with some brown sauce and a slice of bread....heaven!

Yeah...we got some too! They had two tiers, one for 95p and some chunkier/heartier ones for I think £1.19.

I really want those pies!

I also bought some of that Tescos spreadable "cheese". Im scared to try it! Is it bad? Really bad? the only two products from the range that they had in this tiny tescos was that, and some crem brulee pots (which I also got). Odd vegan selection but OK why not! Will try both!

I really want those pies!

I also bought some of that Tescos spreadable "cheese". Im scared to try it! Is it bad? Really bad? the only two products from the range that they had in this tiny tescos was that, and some crem brulee pots (which I also got). Odd vegan selection but OK why not! Will try both!

I liked the cheese. It's sheese in a different packet :p did you mean the creme caramel pots? Cos those are delicious :) if not, I want vegan creme brûlée :eek:

Yeah it was the creme caramel pot. whoops! It was WEIRD and tasted like the most unvegan vegan thing I've eaten in ages. I'll be brave and try the cheese soon hehe