UK Product Thread

Asdas own chicken style pieces are vegan too...great for a quick meal...Ive used them in Currys, stews and stirfrys :)

This is why I love this thread! I didn't know this & thought I'd never be able to have 'chicken' pieces again :rofl:
Thanks for the info.

Yey. I did a help!

I cant remember what I posted in the product thread of t'other forum so I didnt want to keep double posting stuff...

Did I mention frys creme bars :D

You've actually mentioned a lot of things that I didn't know about on here. Steak & onion crisps, Fry's bars (I'm obsessed with those, haha) & now these Asda 'chicken' pieces. Yay :hug:

Reactions: Alice-Bee
My chocolate cravings are kept at bay by Fry's Peppermint Cremes, Nakd bars & those dark chocolate Alpro desserts. :drool:

I had a Frys Orange bar last week...NOM
I love the dark chocolate Alpro desserts too...mmm

The Asda chicken is definately better than Quorn...I can eat it with no flavourings on...It has a nice taste on its own..for me at least :)

I had a Frys Orange bar last week...NOM
I love the dark chocolate Alpro desserts too...mmm

The Asda chicken is definately better than Quorn...I can eat it with no flavourings on...It has a nice taste on its own..for me at least :)

Oh hey, I've never seen an orange version. When you told me about them, I thought I'd never heard of them before but thengot one & tasted it I knew the taste so well. Then my Mum told me I used to have them as a kid & that there used to be a spearmint flavour too. :D

Yeah I think they have spearmint too...I just used to get the Peppermint ones at my Grans...
Keep an eye out for the orange ones they are sooo good. I get them in B&M stores 39p :D

Oh i am so trying that AF...fried chicken...yummy!

Wow, I have to pay 99p for one! & there are no other flavours. Bah.

B&M stores sound so good. D

Also, with the chicken pieces, if you fry them in flour and get some chinese pancakes, hoi sin sauce, cucumber, and spring roll, you can make a chicken-y version of crispy duck pancakes.

I had no idea about the fry's bars, btw! Def. gonna get some tonight!!

I occasionally see the orange ones in newsagents but I've never seen them in a pack like the mint ones. It's a shame because I much prefer the orange but can never get them!

B&M must be a Northern thing, I've never soon one down South.

Yeah orange packs would be handy! I feel greedy buying more than a couple single bars.

CCL-Cane Sugar is vegan.
In the UK we dont filter our sugar like they do in the US :)

Also if its just dark chocolate your after try Asda 100gram darkchocolate...60p For some reason the 200gram bars have milk in though...check the labels before you buy :)
I use them for baking as Lindt is too pricey for me,

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-esto...924164&startValue=1&referrer=cookiesDetecting

Cane sugar is vegan too. Sugar is only ever un-vegan in the US (and maybe other countries) but not in the UK. It might be an issue with imported American products but most stuff that originated in America (like Oreos) have separate production lines for their UK market.

I just had a look on their website, it looks like many or all of them are vegan. For example this one: http://www.lindt.co.uk/swf/eng/products/excellence/dark-plus-ingredients/ It says "may contain traces of milk" which means that it's made on a line which also produces dairy products, but there is no milk in the actual ingredients. Most vegans are okay with eating things that say "may contain" non vegan products.

That sucks about the Oreos as the American ones don't contain whey like they do in Europe.

Ive decided I'm ok if it 'may contain' ingredients. My thoughts are that as long as I'm not benefiting from it. In the way that I will have to use the same grill at home that has meat cooked on it xxx

Oops I was typing at the same time as Alice :)
Yah but you explained it betterer :p

The may contain warning is just there to cover themselves for people who have allergys to milk etc.

As for cooking on the same grill...Are you in a shared house or living with family?
Do you only have a grill...if so perhaps you can cover it in foil so your stuff doesnt touch the actual grill :)