UK Product Thread

I saw a new vegan cheese today in a health food shop. It was in a long thin tbe and called something like Ricella and they had a mozarella version too. It was also £2.99 so I left it on the shelf haha. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone's still on the quest for the perfect vegan cheese and wanted to give it a go.

You know those little tiny portions of milk you get to add to your hot drink...does anyone know if u can purchase soy ones? I am always round different people's houses and often offered a cup of tea. In the likely event they only have dairy milk I'd love to have an individual portion in my bag I could add xxx

Off the top on my head I cant think of seeing anything like that in shops. Mysuggestions would be fill a small bottle yourself if you know you will be going somewhere you may need to provide your own dairy free option.

It doesnt sound so bad when you put it that way..unless they taste like crap then your stuck with many packets...
I want to like black coffee but I dont.
Some coffeehouses offer soy milk now...sometimes for a charge though which is unfair...at least its something.

It doesnt sound so bad when you put it that way..unless they taste like crap then your stuck with many packets...
I want to like black coffee but I dont.
Some coffeehouses offer soy milk now...sometimes for a charge though which is unfair...at least its something.

Yeah, most major chains will do soy now. Most people just drink it as a low-fat option, but hey, as long as they're drinking it!

I wish I liked coffee lol. It's all about a sweet cup of tea for me. The costa in the hospital I work in do soy as an option. As if I'm paying their price for a cup of tea tho!! Need to find out if their hot chocolate mix contains dairy (fingers crossed it doesn't!) xxx

Just asked my good friend google who took me to another vegan forum who were discussing it some time ago. Had written to the company after hearing that costa hot choc was not suitable for vegans even if made with soy milk. This was the reply...
The product is suitable for vegans if made with soya milk, however there is always a possibility of cross contamination.

I wish I liked coffee lol. It's all about a sweet cup of tea for me. The costa in the hospital I work in do soy as an option. As if I'm paying their price for a cup of tea tho!! Need to find out if their hot chocolate mix contains dairy (fingers crossed it doesn't!) xxx

http://www.costa.co.uk/media/6271/allergy.pdf

It says that neither chocolate drink is suitable for vegans; however, the Costa's own one is only labelled that way because of possible cross contamination.

Assuming they aren't using the cadbury mix :) I assume you get the option of the two... haven't ever gotten a hot chocolate from there, so I dunno.

I drink there a lot, only for the hot chocolate though. And have never been given the option. I'm 99% sure its not the cadburys one or they would have the logo up advertising it as so xxx

I usually get coffee anyway...
I keep saying I want a soy hotchocolate from Thorntons chocolate shop cafe...I must find out if the mix is vegan first

I was debating emailing Thorntons and asking if they would consider removing milk from any of their dark chocolates so at least there is one vegan option...they have a good selection of dark chocolate but it has milk in it!