UK Product Thread

Speaking of beef stock...
Does anyone know about bisto gravy?
Iv checked the red (original/favourite flavour), and the brown (onion) and they both seem fine. The orange (chicken) one is not suitable for vegans. Is there any reason I should get the green veg one? Xxx

Bisto Favourite, Reduced Salt, Onion and Vegetable are all okay. :)

Ive been fooled before almost bought some free from chicken pieces because I thought they were dairy free...but it meant dairy free crumb coating on REAL chicken...yak.

Haha ive done that before. Or looked at something and thought "oooh thats no good its got egg in it" before realising its a bloody chicken meal.

I finally just tried that Tescos dairy free cheddar spread. It was OK. I had it with Branston Onion Relish (which is awesome on everything, for the record). Cheese and onion roll! I cant believe you have to eat it within 7 days of opening. Who (apart from my sister) eats THAT much cheese spread, fake or otherwise, in the space of a week?! Will have to eat cheese sandwiches every day at work this week!

Reactions: TreeHugger
Haha ive done that before. Or looked at something and thought "oooh thats no good its got egg in it" before realising its a bloody chicken meal.

I finally just tried that Tescos dairy free cheddar spread. It was OK. I had it with Branston Onion Relish (which is awesome on everything, for the record). Cheese and onion roll! I cant believe you have to eat it within 7 days of opening. Who (apart from my sister) eats THAT much cheese spread, fake or otherwise, in the space of a week?! Will have to eat cheese sandwiches every day at work this week!

*raises hand*

Cheese spread and cucumber sandwiches.

That's the problem I have with these cheese things. When it's only you eating these things it takes forever to finish them up. But I leave those cheese blocks open for weeks & still eat them.

Hey, I'm still alive :D

That's the problem I have with these cheese things. When it's only you eating these things it takes forever to finish them up. But I leave those cheese blocks open for weeks & still eat them.

Hey, I'm still alive :D

I've had one in the fridge for two weeks and it's fine. I only have it on crackers or bagels.

Thanks everyone! :)

Even supermarkets that are great with their vegan labelling (like sainsbury's) miss a product or two. It's great when it does say it, because it saves the ingredient hassle, but if the ingredients don't list anything non vegan then you're fine.

Yeah absolutely! Sainsburys have sweets that are vegan, but aren't even labelled vegetarian. They miss quite a lot of stuff, it doesn't mean it isn't vegan.

Ive been fooled before almost bought some free from chicken pieces because I thought they were dairy free...but it meant dairy free crumb coating on REAL chicken...yak.

Ah me too! I've never bought them thankfully. Easy mistake because they're right next to the vegan ones in most shops.

The onion, curry sauce and veggie ones are Vegan (as far as I am aware)
The green veg gravy goes lovely with fake chicken on a 'roast' dinner. A nice change to beefy gravy.
I also use the gree veg gravy as a stock for soup or stew if I need a little thickening/flavour. :)

ETA-Sorry didnt see people had answered...doh.

I saw a poster today for Sour Patch Kids. These being my favourite sweet, I was all excited. Rather than paying loads in American shops (and begging people who go to the US to buy them for me) I could get them in Sainsburys! But no, they have added gelatine. Booo. Oh well my teeth are glad!

I saw a poster today for Sour Patch Kids. These being my favourite sweet, I was all excited. Rather than paying loads in American shops (and begging people who go to the US to buy them for me) I could get them in Sainsburys! But no, they have added gelatine. Booo. Oh well my teeth are glad!

I know! I was so sad :(

Aww :(

I saw them too and I was hoping they would be vegan, but I didn't have time to check the ingredients. I love sour sweets :(

Haha, we were all thinking the same thing! I saw them last week & got very excited until I read the ingredients list. Boooo. :(

Hahahaha I found your comment and liked it. And added my own whinge.

That reminds me, Biona now do pineapple fizzy sweets. they were weird.

Are the jus' roll regular croissants vegan? Or just the chocolate ones.

The regular ones are 40p a 'tube' at Herron Frozen foods.

Yup, everything except 2 of the pastries (all butter and sweet shortcrust) by Jus Rol is vegan. They do garlic bread and cookie dough too, although I haven't tried cookie dough the bread was quite nice.

ETA: and wow 40p is so cheap!

Yey...I am sooooo happy. Might save them for a weekend though..
3 for £1 or 40p each. I dont know if the deals are the same in other outlets..but worth a look if you have one near you :)
They were on offer at Asda (i think) for £1.50 which Im glad I didnt go for now!