UK Product Thread

I've just seen the previous page of this bread that all Jus rol (apart from all butter and sweet short crust) are vegan.

ALL OF THEM?

INCLUDING GARLIC BREAD, CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS AND COOKIE DOUGH?

*dies*

It's genius isn't it? The chocolate croissants are absolutely delicious, they taste better than store-bought ready-made (and not vegan!) ones by far. All warm and gooey and delicious out the oven... ! The garlic bread is nice, but probably I wont be buying it again. I normally make my own cookies so I haven't tried the cookie dough either, but I think I will do soon just to see how good it is.

I never really thought about it because jus rol puff pastry/etc are vegan... but they're be difficult to make yourself (especially vegan!) and most the own brand ones have dairy so if it wasn't for jus rol my life would be sad and puff-pastry less. I mean, I can't even imagine how I would cope... :p

Awesome. :D Go you.

There are some new Nakd bar flavours & one or two of them are coffee related & I WANT THEM NOW. Can't find them in any of my shops yet. So impatient....:sigh:

It's genius isn't it? The chocolate croissants are absolutely delicious, they taste better than store-bought ready-made (and not vegan!) ones by far. All warm and gooey and delicious out the oven... ! The garlic bread is nice, but probably I wont be buying it again. I normally make my own cookies so I haven't tried the cookie dough either, but I think I will do soon just to see how good it is.

I never really thought about it because jus rol puff pastry/etc are vegan... but they're be difficult to make yourself (especially vegan!) and most the own brand ones have dairy so if it wasn't for jus rol my life would be sad and puff-pastry less. I mean, I can't even imagine how I would cope... :p

Yummm, can't wait to try the gooey delicious croissants.

Haha I know! I looked at a few others and when they had dairy in, I just presumed they all did so this news has made my week.

As long as they are available in my local Tesco, I think I will sample the garlic bread and cookie dough this weekend. I will keep you posted! :D

xx

I was back in Tescos today. I looked in Free From and there was no Tescos vegan stuff. I found the vegetarian freezer section and it was filled with Quorn, Linda McCartney and a lot of Tescos stuff.. with eggs and milk. The only vegan thing I found in the entire shop was the lemon cheesecake. Where is this cheese I keep hearing about??

I was back in Tescos today. I looked in Free From and there was no Tescos vegan stuff. I found the vegetarian freezer section and it was filled with Quorn, Linda McCartney and a lot of Tescos stuff.. with eggs and milk. The only vegan thing I found in the entire shop was the lemon cheesecake. Where is this cheese I keep hearing about??

Check out their site: http://realfood.tesco.com/our-food/...reefrom & Tesco free from range=&rel=external

About half way down under the header "new chilled dairy free from foods" there is a "in these stores" link which you can use to check if they sell the range in your Tesco, as it's not in all the stores.

If it is sold in your Tesco it's pretty much a case of hunting it down (seems ironic to hunt vegan food. But anyway). In the Tesco near me they are forever moving it about, one week it will be hiding amongst real cheese, and the next the whole free from range is together in some obscure random section of the store.
I had someone working there help me play this game of hide and seek for a good 15 minutes before :S

Have you tried the cheesecake yet?

xx

The cheesecake is in the freezer. I have a friend coming on Saturday so I will take it out in the morning, else I'll have to eat the whole thing myself before it goes off! Thanks for the link, confusing it says that this one (Borehamwood Extra) does have the range. I suppose I'll go yet again next time I'm in Borehamwood and do some vegan hunting :D

I'm surprised you couldn't find anything at all, as they sell their own-brand soymilks, yogurts, and a cheese spread in my local tesco express! Some of the other stuff has to come from the massive shops, though.

It took a while for the cheese to be in my HUGE local Tescos...

Ive updated the main post again. Hopefully I havent missed anything.
Can anyone recommend some Vegan cereals supermarket brand or named brand.
I have a feeling Kelloggs starting putting D vits in or something like that.

The cheesecake is in the freezer. I have a friend coming on Saturday so I will take it out in the morning, else I'll have to eat the whole thing myself before it goes off! Thanks for the link, confusing it says that this one (Borehamwood Extra) does have the range. I suppose I'll go yet again next time I'm in Borehamwood and do some vegan hunting :D

NO WAY is Borehamwood your local Tesco? I live in Borehamwood!!!

Crazy small world :eek:

I can confirm they have the cheese and other bits in there though, but like I said, they keep moving it. I will have a look where abouts it is exactly and let you know.

It took a while for the cheese to be in my HUGE local Tescos...

Ive updated the main post again. Hopefully I havent missed anything.
Can anyone recommend some Vegan cereals supermarket brand or named brand.
I have a feeling Kelloggs starting putting D vits in or something like that.

Tesco own brand wheetabix are Vegan.

I emailed Kellogs and they confirmed that the following are the only vegan products they sell:

Just Right
Fruit and Fibre
Frosties
Rice Krispies Multigrain
Raisin Wheats

xx

Oh thankyou!
I love frosties!

I think Sainsburys do a few 'wheat' style cereals that are ok.
Im gutted about Cocoa Pops though :(

It is a shame about coco pops :(

Thanks you AeryFairy!
There's quite a few vegan Nestle ones, I'm really happy about Nesquik and cheerios being suitable. :dance:

Ive just been to Asda.
I got some crackers and soup. I think they are vegan. If they are (incase Ive overlooked something) ill add them to the big list.
I was going to colour code so that items that 'maycontain....' stand out if people want to avoid them

I got Weight Watcher Carrott and Lentil

Water , Carrots (14%) , Lentils (11%) , Swede , Onions , Modified Cornflour , Concentrated Tomato Puree , Flavourings (contain Wheat, Celery, Mustard) , Salt , Herb Extract , Spice Extract , Yeast Extract , Smoke Flavouring (contains Wheat) .
Allergy Advice

Contains Celery. Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat. Contains Mustard.

Ritz

Wheat Flour , Vegetable Oil , Sugar , Raising Agents (Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Disodium Diphosphate) , Salt , Glucose Syrup , Barley Malt Flour .
Allergy Advice

Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat.
May Contain Eggs. May Contain Milk. May Contain Mustard. May Contain Sesame Seeds. May Contain Soya\Soybeans. May contain traces of sesame seeds, milk, egg, soya, mustard.

Asda brand 'cracker snacks'

Wheat Flour , Vegetable Oil , Wheat Starch , Sugar , Raising Agents (Ammonium Carbonates, Sodium Bicarbonate) , Salt , Malt Extract Powder (Barley) , Yeast Extract , Natural Flavouring .

Allergy Advice

Contains Barley. Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat. May Contain Nuts. May contain traces of nuts.

If anyone knows of any effective facial moisturisers for extremely dry skin, that dot test on animals (obviously) can you PLEASE let me know? :)

It's just about under control at the moment but as we get more in to winter it will get worse.

I've tried those. No where near moisturising enough :( They are nice though! & cheap :D

I used to use one for people with eczema but that is tested on animals so obviously no longer use it & haven't found a replacement. Right now I am using facial oils twice a day a well as 2 other moisturisers & face masks. Gah!

What about something from lush? They recommended a good one for my friend when she had a skin problem.