UK Product Thread

Coconut oil?

(This is my go-to solution for everything. I have quite dry skin, but I only have to use it every other day, and it also clears up spots)

If anyone knows of any effective facial moisturisers for extremely dry skin, that dot test on animals (obviously) can you PLEASE let me know? :)

It's just about under control at the moment but as we get more in to winter it will get worse.

I don't know how good advice this is... but when my skin gets really dry I use superdrug body butter as moisteriser. It's heavily perfumed so you'd think it would irritate my VERY sensitive skin... but it just doesn't, and it's 100x more moisturising than anything else I've tried. But I don't know if it's advisable!

That's interesting; I would be at too scared to even consider that. But if you have sensitive skin too & it's ok for maybe ill give it a try too.

Coconut oil?

(This is my go-to solution for everything. I have quite dry skin, but I only have to use it every other day, and it also clears up spots)

Good idea! I have some that I use on my hands.

Thank you for the advice guys. :D The UK thread is the best.

If anyone knows of any effective facial moisturisers for extremely dry skin, that dot test on animals (obviously) can you PLEASE let me know? :)

It's just about under control at the moment but as we get more in to winter it will get worse.

Superdrug do their own version of E45 cream. Called Dry Skin Relief. I have a tub of it and it's really good. But I've just looked on the website and I can't find the tub/cream version of it, only the lotions ones. But they might have the cream one in store.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Regarding breakfast cereals. Sainsbury's own brand wholegrain blueberry wheats are vegan. As are the apricot, raisin and cherry versions. They used to do a cranberry one as well but I don't think they sell it anymore. :(

Superdrug do their own version of E45 cream. Called Dry Skin Relief. I have a tub of it and it's really good. But I've just looked on the website and I can't find the tub/cream version of it, only the lotions ones. But they might have the cream one in store.

Fabulous. All these ideas :D that sounds good.

^^^ I love those apricot wheats. Yum.

Bough some Innocent veg pots from sainsburys as they are BOGOF. Would highly recommend. Loads of veg, no artificial stuff etc. States suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
About £3.60 each which is a bit steep. Would get on offer xxx

I'm sure I've seen a thread about Avon before but I can't find it. Couldn't think where else to post but here. Does anyone still use Avon after they have agreed to test on animals for China's strict policies? xxx

I also didn't realise that although Lush is against animal testing, not all their products are vegan. This is easy to spot on their website because of the logo. Does it appear in store? Or does anyone know which specific products are not vegan please? xxx

I also didn't realise that although Lush is against animal testing, not all their products are vegan. This is easy to spot on their website because of the logo. Does it appear in store? Or does anyone know which specific products are not vegan please? xxx

The vegan logo is on all the vegan products in store, both on the bottles and the info card things. Also, if you're asking a salesperson about what products would be best, tell them you only want vegan stuff and they tend to know which items are and aren't.

That's interesting; I would be at too scared to even consider that. But if you have sensitive skin too & it's ok for maybe ill give it a try too.

Good idea! I have some that I use on my hands.

Thank you for the advice guys. :D The UK thread is the best.

Yeah I know, my mum was horrified when she found out. My skin is incredibly sensitive, finding make up that doesn't cause dryness/blotchyness is really difficult, finding make up remover that doesn't sting is impossible (I've tried all the vegan ones I know and they ALL sting :( )... but for some reason this doesn't affect me at all. But I guess everybody's skin is sensitive in a different way so it may be different for you.

Have you tried the M&S cosmetic range ? The products are cruelty free and well worth the cost.

If you have very dry skin, make sure that you are using a cleanser that doesn't make matters worse. Never use soap or harsh cleansers.

I swear my sister had a bottle of tresemme shampoo that had "with collagen and silk extracts" stamped on the front.

Im currently using Lush's beer shampoo. It doesnt smell that great but omg it makes me hair feel so nice. Even my dad told me my hair looked really straight and shiny.

Reactions: TreeHugger
No idea CCL...what is it about that brand you like? Or would you be open to suggestions?
I know some people stick with certain brands.
I wish I could afford Lush shampoo hehe. I just get the Cherry shampoo from Superdrug its like 99p a bottle, smells amazing.

I no longer buy Tresemme as they use animal tested ingredients. See the following link:

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/animaltesting.htm

Reactions: Alice-Bee
Im currently using Lush's beer shampoo. It doesnt smell that great but omg it makes me hair feel so nice. Even my dad told me my hair looked really straight and shiny.

I LOVE that shampoo. I think it smells amazing though... a little like coca cola, and the veganese conditioner smells like lemonade, so whenever I have a shower my boyfriend calls me fizzypants because I smell of soft drinks :p

Reactions: TreeHugger