UK Product Thread

(My response isn't meant to be rude/sarcastic/snarky at all! I just thought maybe I was looking at the wrong bit cos all I could see was pastry flakes!)

(My response isn't meant to be rude/sarcastic/snarky at all! I just thought maybe I was looking at the wrong bit cos all I could see was pastry flakes!)

Lol, I knew u didn't mean it in that way.
It's hard to see on the pic. It looks a bit like white fluffy (I'm gunna call it...) premould...but this is based on my experience with omni food and I'm not sure if this is normal and safe to eat with this lol xxx

I think that's still little bits of pastry but obviously when it's that small you can't really taste it and tell.

If you don't feel good about eating it, take it back and I'm sure they will refund/replace. Better to be safe than sorry!

Reactions: AeryFairy
Also picked up a 'meat free pepperami stick" thing which was in the pretty much entirely vegan section. Saw it said dairy free. Paid for it. Opened it as I walked out the shop and took a bite...noticed the wrapper......egg proteins :-O bye bye pepperami stick

I think that's still little bits of pastry but obviously when it's that small you can't really taste it and tell.

If you don't feel good about eating it, take it back and I'm sure they will refund/replace. Better to be safe than sorry!

I never used to worry about mould before...I ate it anyway lol. Just wanted to make sure no1 said 'omg no, when soya protein does that it means ur gunna die!' or anything like that ;) xxx

That sucks. Whenever I see Pepperami's in shops I think damn, I wish there were vegan ones. You could get a very very close imitation too, the most processed meats are the most easily replicated as veg*n ones, like frankfurters. And Pepperamis have so much spicing that it wouldn't really matter how the 'meat' tasted.

I never used to worry about mould before...I ate it anyway lol. Just wanted to make sure no1 said 'omg no, when soya protein does that it means ur gunna die!' or anything like that ;) xxx
Hehe no, it won't be any worse for you than omni mould (lol). Mouldy food in itself is not unsafe to eat anyway, just unpalatable and raises concerns about whether it has been stored correctly which could mean there are also dangerous invisible bacteria. But I doubt that would happen at a H&B.

Also picked up a 'meat free pepperami stick" thing which was in the pretty much entirely vegan section. Saw it said dairy free. Paid for it. Opened it as I walked out the shop and took a bite...noticed the wrapper......egg proteins :-O bye bye pepperami stick

d'oh!

don't worry, it happens to everyone. If you want a pepperami style thing, see if you can find these:

spacebarchorizo.jpg

Wheaty chorizo spacebars. I'm hooked on them. They're a little pricy (around £1 each), but they're so good that I buy them as a not-so-occasional treat. You can eat them raw or cook them/slice them up and put them on pizza. Mine never make it ten steps out of the shop, though, so I can't tell you what they're like hot.

That sucks. Whenever I see Pepperami's in shops I think damn, I wish there were vegan ones. You could get a very very close imitation too, the most processed meats are the most easily replicated as veg*n ones, like frankfurters. And Pepperamis have so much spicing that it wouldn't really matter how the 'meat' tasted.

Hehe no, it won't be any worse for you than omni mould (lol). Mouldy food in itself is not unsafe to eat anyway, just unpalatable and raises concerns about whether it has been stored correctly which could mean there are also dangerous invisible bacteria. But I doubt that would happen at a H&B.

I bought some vegan 'hot dogs' whilst I was there (these actually say vegan...lesson learnt!). I gathered that there probs isn't much meat in regular hot dogs anyway so these can't be much different lol xxx

d'oh!

don't worry, it happens to everyone. If you want a pepperami style thing, see if you can find these:

spacebarchorizo.jpg

Wheaty chorizo spacebars. I'm hooked on them. They're a little pricy (around £1 each), but they're so good that I buy them as a not-so-occasional treat. You can eat them raw or cook them/slice them up and put them on pizza. Mine never make it ten steps out of the shop, though, so I can't tell you what they're like hot.

Ooh, il keep my eye out for them. Salami, chorizo etc is the only meat I used to eat. Not missing it terribly but would like the choice to have something like it. Had a look at the vegan versions (slices and chunks) in H&B but didn't like the look of them. I did pick up some mozzarella style cheese slices. Just tried one. 'twas ok, but I'm not sure if its made me miss the real thing more or less! Maybe they are better melted and not eaten from the packet! Xxx

Ahh I've never tried the vegi deli stuff, except for the Brussels pate which is divine. I think they are single person portions, I get the bigger Fry's stuff for both of us.

Ahh I've never tried the vegi deli stuff, except for the Brussels pate which is divine. I think they are single person portions, I get the bigger Fry's stuff for both of us.

Il let u know how they are. Probs best I don't get loads or it'll go off with just me eating them. I got 4 short-medium dumpy sausages for £2.35 xxx

You can freeze most of the Redwoods vegi deli range, just so you know ;) I buy lots of the fish fingers, fish cakes, burgers, etc when they're on offer and just load up the freezer.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
Can I ask where you tend to get most of them from please? Xxx

Holland and Barrett is the only national chain I know of that stocks Redwood's. There's also a local vegetarian supermarket up here that does them, but that's only good if you live in Manchester City Centre. They have online ordering from their website, which I've been contemplating - the range on the website has a lot of products I've not tried.