UK Product Thread

Please let me know if I need to update the front page anymore...or whether it needs rearranging (ie clear for new members to scan through)

Bless you Alice, the list could go on and on.
I've just finished reading Animal Free Shopper cover to cover. Another member (I want to say Lord Snot, but apologies if she is getting the thanks that should be going to someone else) suggested it to me. It's now my bible. It has answered many queries for me. A few that were missed I have googled...WKD blue (my drink of choice lol) for example is vegan...as are all wkd drinks xxx

e.l.f is so hit & miss but when you find something good of theirs, it's brilliant. I love their mascara, eyeshadows & I had a matte lip pen lipstick - the colour & formula made it one of the best lip products I've ever ever used. Lost that though :( When I need new things I will get it again with a big order. :D

I ordered a concealer and it's fine, but it's one of those pen ones where you pump it. You always get more product on the brush than needed so it goes to waste, it's more than half used within a month. My MAC one lasted 18 months! Ordered the liquid one in a bottle this time.

Yeah! It's so hard to tell what their products will be like (how **** & inaccurate are their online swatches?!) But at least everything's pretty cheap so if it turns out rubbish it's not like you've spent a fortune.

Essie nail polish is vegan and there's another one too, but I can't remember the name. Will have a hunt in my pile upstairs tomorrow. :)

I tried Amy's vegan Rice Mac & Cheese yesterday, and it was scrumdiddlyumptious :yes:...quite how I liked it from the old heat-in-the-micro days of the dairy mac &cheese.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi...itchen_Rice_Mac___Cheese__Non_Dairy_227g.html
332774b.jpg

I looked on the Tesco website for 'Amy's' and I was excited for a bit as there was a mac&cheese there, but it was a dairy version.:no:

So I guess it will have to be Goodness Direct. Over £75 and the delivery is free, otherwise it's a bit expensive....I'd like to order some more, but I'm not paying £9 for delivery.....If I had a huge freezer, I could get 75 quids worth.....anyway, not good for my health, not the way I go through mac&cheese.

eta: if I got 14 of them postage would only be £3.50....might be worth it....if there is room in my freezer....not sure there is.

Reactions: AeryFairy
I tried two Amy's ready meals and in both cases I found the portions mean and the food was like the worst kind of microwave ready meal. Do you think the Mac and Cheese is better than other Amy's stuff, or do you like all of it?

Just tried the Tesco's mild soy cheese - wow! Best vegan cheese I've ever tasted :D

I had it straight out of the packet but I can tell it will be lovely melted onto something. It reminds me of those really processed cheese slices you get to put on burgers. Yummy yummy.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
Just tried the Tesco's mild soy cheese - wow! Best vegan cheese I've ever tasted :D

I had it straight out of the packet but I can tell it will be lovely melted onto something. It reminds me of those really processed cheese slices you get to put on burgers. Yummy yummy.

It is lovely, as is the medium one as well :lick:

Hmm tt doesn't really melt that well though, on toast etc. but if you grate it and mix it with a jacket potato say it does blend in and then tastes gooood.

One of my favourite things to with cheese was a quick lazy meal I used to make, basically a plate of chips with baked beans on top and grated cheese on top of that. The cheese doesn't melt entirely but it goes gooey in the hot bean sauce. Sounds like this would be perfect for that :D

Yes, it works amazingly for that sort of melting. It just goes like rubber if you try and grill it to melt it.

Mmmm chips beans and cheese :drool:

I'm off now, hope everyone has a lovely evening (or day for the other side of the world) xxx

Reactions: AeryFairy
I tried two Amy's ready meals and in both cases I found the portions mean and the food was like the worst kind of microwave ready meal. Do you think the Mac and Cheese is better than other Amy's stuff, or do you like all of it?

It's the only Amy's thing I've tried, I think.

The size was a bit small.
It is like ordinary microwave macaroni cheese......depends whether you ever liked that....it's kind of stodgy food, but that suits some people.

If you didn't like dairy microwave mac&cheese, then it probably wouldn't be for you.

I liked microwaved mac and cheese :D

But I liked other microwave meals and Amy's just didn't do it for me. I might try it if I see it on offer, don't want to spend the money if I won't like it.

I loveee OPI nail polish. I buy that or Barry M (but use an OPI top coat) ooorrr Stargazer and I do have 2 essie colours. Barry M has some really nice shades at the moment. My nails look like FIREEEE right now (click to see one im wearing), and its 3 for 2 on all makeup at the moment in superdrug.

I bought a Cranks sandwich today in H&Bs. The whole ONE vegan option. Youd think being "the vegetarian experts" theyd stop smothering everything in cheese! Anyway it was horrible. I dont know whether the migraine I had at the time was part of that reason. I dont know how "Hummus Carrots Coriander mixed salad leaves in a Tomato Tortilla" could be horrible but they managed it. It was like chewing on slightly hummus flavoured cardboard. I still have half if anyone wants it haha.

Jamie Oliver also does sandwiches now in boots. They had one called falafel and beetroot. unfortunately it had youghurt in it, argh.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Jamie Oliver also does sandwiches now in boots. They had one called falafel and beetroot. unfortunately it had youghurt in it, argh.

Me and boyfriend have both emailed boots - they have a buttload of vegetarian options, and EVERY SINGLE ONE has dairy in. Even as a lactose intolerant veggie I wouldn't have been able to eat any of them. And it's the silliest little bit - a dot of natural yoghurt in a wrap, or a sprinkle of unnecessary cheese. Boyfriend eats dairy, but sometimes we'd like to be able to buy a meal deal and share it (half a sandwich/wrap each, share the crisps and drink). If anyone else wants to write to them too, it'd be cool :)

Its anoying when the dairy is not needed for taste....I wonder if the best way to deal with it is coming from the angle that theyd sell MORE sandwiches removing the cheese. etc.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
Just been to Sainsburys today to get some noodles...they have changed the packaging and they no longer say Vegan. But they dont seem to have any none vegan ingredients.
Also they no longer have the ownbrand beef potnoodles, they have rebranded them with new flavours and they are now 75p each(before they were 40p)
Not happy!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceri...57&NEW_NAVIGATOR<>level_5_id=1689949390096884

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceri...57&NEW_NAVIGATOR<>level_5_id=1689949390096888

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceri...57&NEW_NAVIGATOR<>level_5_id=1689949390096156