UK Product Thread

On the subject of sweet treats. Asda 100g dark chocolate bar at 50/60p is no longer vegan. It has milk fat in it :(

Those sweets contain beeswax just in case vegan people didn't notice. I hate that there are so many products that could be easily vegan apart from one ingredient.

Reactions: shyvas
yeah, on second thought, maybe I'll give them a miss......I like bees, and with my beliefs in cellular consciousness etc, bees could potentially be just as complex as humans, and just as capable of suffering.

From a quick google, they seem to be more like jelly beans than a gummy sweet - and I can't seem to find a UK site selling them anyway ;)

Yes, you're right. They are jelly tiny balls. I really miss wine gums and wish that someone would come
up with a vegan version.:(

See this is where my picky eating comes in. I dislike 'sweets' anyway...so I dont miss them. Too sugary and chewy. Blergh.

I can never remember which sweets are okay for vegans. I used to really like fruit gums years ago, they were in the yellow packets and were similar to the shape of fruit pastilles tubes.

th-2.jpg

These ones. I quite like jelly tots although they don't taste the same as when I was younger, they probably removed a preservative ingredient because they discovered it was lethal or something.:p

Ah, my bad, the 'yellow packets' and the mention of a sugary fruit gum threw me off ;) Don't think I've ever seen those before, either! Do they still exist?

No, I just checked and only jelly tots and polos are vegan.:down: I don't know what on earth Maggi is?

Confectionery
Jelly Tots
Polo
Original Mints
Spearmint Mints
Sugar Free Mints

Pasta & Cheese
Buitoni
All varieties of Dry Pasta
All varieties of Pasta Sauces

Maggi
So Juicy
Paprika
Mixed Herbs
Sweet & Sour
Garlic
Smoky BBQ Ribs

No, I just checked and only jelly tots and polos are vegan.:down: I don't know what on earth Maggi is?

Confectionery
Jelly Tots
Polo
Original Mints
Spearmint Mints
Sugar Free Mints

Pasta & Cheese
Buitoni
All varieties of Dry Pasta
All varieties of Pasta Sauces

Maggi
So Juicy
Paprika
Mixed Herbs
Sweet & Sour
Garlic

It is a liquid form of seasoning made from soya sauce. I don't like it at all.:(
Smoky BBQ Ribs