UK Product Thread

I was never really a sweets person but occasionly really fancy some. Thank goodness for jelly tots; they are a yummy lifesaver.

One thing I used to love though & do sometime miss were fruit pastilles & fruit gums. Patiently waiting for the day they veganise though. PLEASE?!

th-2.jpg

These ones. I quite like jelly tots although they don't taste the same as when I was younger, they probably removed a preservative ingredient because they discovered it was lethal or something.:p

Oh yes, these were the ones! Sorry, didn't realise you'd posted that. They were the best; they'd last for hours & were really tangy & fruity. :D Ahhh. :(

Reactions: TreeHugger
Has anyone ever had Choices chocolate caramels? I had never heard of them before, but I got given them at my work secret santa! They're totally delicious. I googled them and apparently you can get them in supermarkets o_O I just kept thinking "HOW is it possible I never knew about these?!"

caramel-chocolates-choices-dairy-free-milk-chocolate-alternative-celtic-125g-27796-p.jpg

Has anyone ever had Choices chocolate caramels? I had never heard of them before, but I got given them at my work secret santa! They're totally delicious. I googled them and apparently you can get them in supermarkets o_O I just kept thinking "HOW is it possible I never knew about these?!"

caramel-chocolates-choices-dairy-free-milk-chocolate-alternative-celtic-125g-27796-p.jpg
Yes, my mum gets me these from Morrisons, and I really like them too :D

I don't think they do them in Tesco, at least not my local Tesco anyway.

I got them from Tesco last Christmas(I think) or the one before......yeah, they're great....just like dairy caramels....bit on the expensive side, and I haven't seen them on the Tesco website other than at Christmas

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but I can't find the restaurant thread - difficult to search the forum on the phone.

Was meant to be going for drinks tonight with friends but I'm now old we are going to Nandos as well. Does anyone know the vegan option of the top of their head?? Seem to remember something about a bean thing & asking them to leave the mayo off?

Dragged to nandos today by omni friends.
Had their veggie pitta (pittas and wraps are vegan but burger buns contain milk - known as Portuguese rolls). U have to specify 'no mayo'. It comes with a bit of salad in there. I had pitta and humous for a starter. Had loads of humous left over to saved it and spread it in my pitta as it was a bit dry xxx

Reactions: hungryraccoon
The veggie burger is vegan, the bean one isn't at Nando's. Ask for no mayo/no cheese (obviously :p ) and have it in a pitta or wrap, not a bun. (Bun contains milk.)

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but I can't find the restaurant thread - difficult to search the forum on the phone.

Was meant to be going for drinks tonight with friends but I'm now old we are going to Nandos as well. Does anyone know the vegan option of the top of their head?? Seem to remember something about a bean thing & asking them to leave the mayo off?

Mushroom wrap (mushrooms, salad) with chips is my go-to option.

Yes, my mum gets me these from Morrisons, and I really like them too :D

I don't think they do them in Tesco, at least not my local Tesco anyway.

I bought some at Sainsbug's (in the Free from section) during my trip in September. It was thanks to all of your recommendations that I discovered them. They are tasty with a slight caramel taste but very expensive as you only get 125 g in the packet.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Thank you so much everyone! Just made it whole lot easier. So veggie wrap or pitta with no mayo etc it is :D

I tried the jus roll croissant stuff this morning. Ewwwww. They were so salty!

they don't seem noticeably salty to me.

Tesco value ready salted crisps, now they used to be salty.....I think people complained......I think they used to add too much salt just to make them crap, as they were supposed to be cheap and crappy.