UK Product Thread

Oh wow, shame they're sold out online because I saw them at their original price and was tempted but £1 a chocolate is far too much. I will look out for them tomorrow/saturday though, they look delicious.

I've had an innocent pot once and it was delicious, but they're again just too expensive. Even on offer !

I've never seen them before. I suppose they are ok once in a while but very expensive for veg and grains ! I make tons of them and just freeze individual portions.

Cat and the Cream cupcakes are now available on Ocado. Oh my sweet Moses! ...and they're on an introductory special!
<<does the happy dance

Also, I just picked up some mince from this company http://www.meetthealternative.co.uk/ at Waitrose today. They had several products, some vegan, some with eggs. We haven't tried it yet though.

Cat and the Cream cupcakes are now available on Ocado. Oh my sweet Moses! ...and they're on an introductory special!
<<does the happy dance

Also, I just picked up some mince from this company http://www.meetthealternative.co.uk/ at Waitrose today. They had several products, some vegan, some with eggs. We haven't tried it yet though.

Let us know how it is! Although I don't see it being a vast improvement on the cheap supermarket brands, cos, well, mince is mince :p

Does Sainsbury do a vegan mince do you know? We don't do Tesco normally, and the other players don't really exist around here. I'm not really a fan, but the man digs mince on spaghetti sometimes.

Does Sainsbury do a vegan mince do you know? We don't do Tesco normally, and the other players don't really exist around here. I'm not really a fan, but the man digs mince on spaghetti sometimes.

I don't think they do, I can't recall ever seeing their own brand mince. I just looked on their site and it only had Quorn.

No Asda? Their own brand mince is vegan and very nice, even my omni mum likes it.

They do, they have both a frozen and a refrigerated type.

At least, they did last time I shopped there - about a year ago.

Edit: Just found it on their website, so they still do it.

Reactions: SummerRain
Yeah, Sainsbury's lovesoya mince (frozen) is vegan. Or at least the last time I brought it, it was. I need to get some more.

If you can't find it via search, just go "frozen-vegetarian-all" and search through, there's only two pages. It definitely exists!

I don't shop online with Sainsbury's because their delivery costs are higher than everyone else's. It's a shame because I'm pretty sure they have the best vegan selection...

We hardly ever pay for delivery at Sainsbury's because when you go through the checkout in the shop or petrol station (mainly the petrol station for us), and use a nectar card, it gives you vouchers. A lot of the time we get free delivery vouchers so we always use those.

We hardly ever pay for delivery at Sainsbury's because when you go through the checkout in the shop or petrol station (mainly the petrol station for us), and use a nectar card, it gives you vouchers. A lot of the time we get free delivery vouchers so we always use those.

Doesn't it defeat the object a bit to get online shopping vouchers only when you go in store? :D

P.S. Send me your voucher codes kthnx

Doesn't it defeat the object a bit to get online shopping vouchers only when you go in store? :D

P.S. Send me your voucher codes kthnx

It's how S'bury's work. They send vouchers attached to the receipt of the online shop but it's never a delivery voucher. But we mainly get them from the petrol station (it's the cheapest, nearest one to us) :D

Lol, no. :p We need them. :D

The verdict is that is was pretty decent. I don't think it tasted very different from other brands I've had before though. Jen says she doesn't really like mince, and that she smothered the last bits in barbecue sauce.

Reactions: AeryFairy
bought some Tescos Free From Soya Mild(dairy free cheese) yesterday.....I really liked it in a cheeze and onion sandwich.....I always did prefer a milder cheese for sandwiches.
214%5C5052909070214%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271895049
Ingredients

Water,Coconut Oil ,Maize Starch ,Soya Protein Concentrate (8%) ,Modified Maize Starch ,Thickeners (Carrageenan, Guar Gum) ,Salt ,Spirit Vinegar ,Lactic Acid ,Flavourings ,Yeast Extract ,Colours (Curcumin, Annatto)

Reactions: SummerRain