UK Product Thread

Oh that looks good! according to the store locater my local superdrug should stock them. It must be very new as I was there a week or so ago and they weren't there. Will check it out as I need concealer--I am like a racoon without it.

I have found that this:
http://www.boots.com/en/Good-Things-Bright-Eyes-Treatment-15ml_1102666/
actually works on reducing my racoon eyes. doesnt get rid of them but definately helps! It doesnt say it on the website but it says its vegan on the box.

Looking forward to this makeup range though, I need a new foundation.

I have found that this:
http://www.boots.com/en/Good-Things-Bright-Eyes-Treatment-15ml_1102666/
actually works on reducing my racoon eyes. doesnt get rid of them but definately helps! It doesnt say it on the website but it says its vegan on the box.
Looking forward to this makeup range though, I need a new foundation.

thanks--I am just one of those people with dark shadows. I went to superdrug and they have the B is for beautiful range--it looked lush!

My superdrug is currently selling the range as by one get one half price until the 12th of feb--maybe yours is too! I get paid next week on thursday and i'm gonna go get me some stuff!

I just placed an online order with Superdrug for the new range and it's free delivery until 14th February.:) I was looking for a new soap too but I couldn't find one.

Can anyone confirm that tesco fizzy strawberry lancers are vegan? At first glance they appear so, but I'd written off having chewy sweets like this!
Here's the ingredients list, have I missed something?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359894691.264959.jpg
Sorry for poor quality xxx

It's got the white V sign and not the black V sign so it should be vegan.

Does anyone know if it’s still the case that certain Kellogg’s cereals are vegan (the ones not fortified with D3 like Frosties, Just Right etc.)? When I go on their UK page and select the “Vegan” option, I don’t get any results. Has there been a recent change that makes all Kellogg’s cereals unsuitable?

Can anyone confirm that tesco fizzy strawberry lancers are vegan? At first glance they appear so, but I'd written off having chewy sweets like this!
Here's the ingredients list, have I missed something?
View attachment 1633
Sorry for poor quality xxx

They are indeed vegan. Sainsbury's also has a range of vegan sweets. Haribo also make chewy vegan sweets.Acacia gum and flour are substitutes for gelatine.

CONFECTIONERY
CONFECTIONERYSUGAR
(0005)
01297201 0000001297201 Fruit Jellies 250gram
06427144 0000001426816 Fizzy Fangs 100gram
06682304 0000001542288 Fizzy Strawberry Lances 75gram
06682315 0000001542301 KIDS: Strawberry Pencils 75gram
06907184 0000001641110 Mint imperials 250gram
07114386 0000001684667 Flying saucers 20gram
07277093 0000001727142 Basics Sherbet cocktails 200gram
CONFECTIONERY
(0436)
06694900 0000001546149 JS Rose and Lemon Turkish Delight 325gram
SEASONAL
CONFECTIONERY
XMAS (0863)
07503176 0000001796797 Jelly Bean Machine 78gram

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
It's got the white V sign and not the black V sign so it should be vegan.

Does anyone know if it’s still the case that certain Kellogg’s cereals are vegan (the ones not fortified with D3 like Frosties, Just Right etc.)? When I go on their UK page and select the “Vegan” option, I don’t get any results. Has there been a recent change that makes all Kellogg’s cereals unsuitable?

A vegan fb page I'm on I think showed a recent email to say that frosties and a think a handful of others are suitable. Il see if I can find it today xxx

Whilst we are on the subject of cereals, though people might like to see this from Weetabix...
Weetabix products suitable for a Vegan diet
Oatibix Weetabix Weetabix Chocolate Weetabix Golden Syrup Weetabix Organic
The following do not contain milk/milk products as ingredients but are made in factories handling products that do:
Oatibix Bites Golden Oats Oatibix Bites Sultana & Apple Oatibix Flakes Golden Oats Oatibix Flakes Raisin & Sultana Ready brek Original Weetabix Crunchy Bran Weetabix Crispy Minis Chocolate Chip Weetabix Crispy Minis Fruit & Nut Weetabix Crispy Minis Strawberry Chocolate Spoonsize Weetabix Bran Flakes Weetabix Fruit & Fibre

This is a response from Kellogs regarding D3 a few weeks ago...
The vitamin D that we use for fortification (D3) is suitable for vegetarians, as it is sourced from lanolin from live (shorn) sheep, but not suitable for vegans. We use vitamin D3 because it withstands our processing methods, helping consumers meet their dietary requirements in a safe and responsible manner.

We do value your comments and appreciate the differing needs of all our consumers. We do not want to exclude anyone from enjoying our products and will keep you informed via the Vegan Society of any changes we make with fortification of our products.

Products that we offer that remain suitable for vegans are:
Just Right
Fruit and Fibre
Frosties
Rice Krispies Multigrain
Raisin Wheats

Ooohhh thats good to know. I tend to only eat plain weetabix anyway, since my stomach hates me in the morning and cant cope with anything exciting/fruity, but im stashing it away in my head. My mum bought chocolate orange flavoured shreddies the other day. They looked vegan to me (other than nestle being evil) but omg how can anyone eat chocolate orange anything at 6am??

On a whim I decided to check a packet of Oreos to find they now don't contain whey!! Was so excited, until I saw palm oil :-( but for those who do buy items containing it, check your Oreos, they may be suitable xxx

Chocolate cereal is nighttime cereal.
Weetbix/branflake stuff is breakfast time!

I havent done a proper shop in a while so I havent noticed any new vegany things to be adding to the list :(
I love finding new accidently vegan food.

Found quite a lot of things in Lidl that stated suitable for vegans :) will see what I bought tomorrow and post.

Just remembered, I found some microwave rice...uncle bens maybe? They were on offer at tesco and loads appear to be vegan, including the chicken flavoured one! Will double check in the morning (this is my reminder) xxx

Found quite a lot of things in Lidl that stated suitable for vegans :) will see what I bought tomorrow and post.

Just remembered, I found some microwave rice...uncle bens maybe? They were on offer at tesco and loads appear to be vegan, including the chicken flavoured one! Will double check in the morning (this is my reminder) xxx

That is interesting. I can only buy the usual fruit and veg, chocolate, herbal tea and nuts in my local Lidl's.
Can you buy soya products like milk, cream etc.

there is still whey, for the Oreos, on the Tesco site, but that doesn't mean anything.

I even checked the Oreos site and it's on there. Though in their FAQ they said they were looking at making them sfv. Il take a pic of the packet next time I see some...can't remember which shop I was in now, might have been co op xxx