UK Product Thread

:D I don't like skips, but I like it when things are vegan. I'll probably eat some anyway. Because I can :cool:

I got a hair oil from Superdrug today - I think the brand is called 'This One'. But it has the BUAV symbol & 'suitable for vegetarians & vegans' written on the back in the same way that Superdrug own brand products do.

Not sure if this is a new range or not but thought I'd let you know as everything was £3 :eek::weird: . I think all of the other things were vegan friendly too (there's shampoos, conditioners, styling products etc.)

Reactions: SummerRain
Oreos are apparently "working on" making UK oreos vegan.

I want vegan UK oreos on principle, since they're vegan elsewhere. :D

Reactions: ledboots
Quick google and I found these...

Kingsmill
http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?skuId=910000411343&departmentid=1214921923703&aisleid=1214921924300&startValue=''

Ingredients

Wheat Flour , Orange Soaked Sultanas (15%) (Sultanas, Orange Juice (from Concentrate)) , Water , Currants (5%) , Sugar , Yeast , Orange and Lemon Peel (2.5%) , Wheat Protein , Invert Sugar Syrup , Vegetable Oil , Sultanas (2%) , Maize Starch , Emulsifiers: E471, E472e , Salt , Mixed Spice , Soya Flour , Natural Flavouring , Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) .
Other information

Dietary Information

Kosher. Suitable for Vegetarians.
Allergy Advice

Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat. Contains Soya\Soybeans.

Asda own brand

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-esto...921923703&aisleid=1214921924300&startValue=''

Ingredients

Wheat Flour , Orange Soaked Sultanas (15%) [Sultanas, Orange Juice from Concentrate] , Water , Currants (5.0%) , Yeast , Sugar , Vegetable Oil , Mixed Peel (2.5%) [Orange Peel, Lemon Peel] , Invert Sugar Syrup , Wheat Protein , Sultanas (2%) , Maize Starch , Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Mono and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids) , Salt , Mixed Spices , Soya Flour , Flavouring , Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid) .
Other information

Dietary Information

Suitable for Vegetarians.
Allergy Advice

Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat. Contains Soya\Soybeans.
Additives

Free From Artificial Colours. Free From Artificial Flavours.

I've seen vegan Oreos for a few weeks now xxx

I heard someone say that too but their website didn't say they were making them... where did you see them? Were they american imports?

:) I have bought some in the american food shop before, really expensive way of doing things though.

Oh and Sainsburys have vegan hot cross buns too, I can't remember which ones. M&S do DELICIOUS apple and cinnamon hot cross buns that are my favourite :)

I heard someone say that too but their website didn't say they were making them... where did you see them? Were they american imports?

:) I have bought some in the american food shop before, really expensive way of doing things though.

I heard they are rolling out the vegan ones, but many stores still have to get rid of the old ones. The massive Tesco I use had vegan ones weeks ago. Only the original packets, not the mini ones yet ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363682587.725037.jpg

Just found the wrapper in the rubbish bin lol xxx

Home pride shepherd's pie sauce (if you're lazy like me) seems to be vegan :)

I really like the Redwoods Beanfeast Pate.
vegetarian-beanfeast-pate.jpg

http://shop.redwoodfoods.eu/miscellaneous/beanfeast-pate-120g.html

Probably not good for my "diet".

:) that looks tasty! May look out for some.

Haven't had any new vegan food for a while, looking forward to the Northern Vegan Festival to find some new delights! :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
I was in Co-op the other day and I couldn't remember if the jam and the custard doughnuts were still vegan?:confused: I'm sure they both were at one time.

I just used the vegan Free and Easy Cheese sauce for pasta and it came out really lumpy and didn't taste very nice although I thought I liked it the first time I tried it.:(

I thought I would mention where I got my vegan sandals. The shop is called Fashion Conscience and they are based in South London but you can order online.
Designer Fashion | Ethical Clothing | Fair Trade Clothing | Vegan Shoes

At the Northern Vegan Festival I tried and bought some of the vegan marshmallows made by this company: http://www.anandafoods.co.uk/shop-on-line.html

They were my favourite marshmallows I've tried, delicious and interesting flavours (including mocha!), light, fluffy and not sickly, they really melt in the mouth. Bare in mind, I think they are probably less like gelatine marshmallows than other brands I've tried... from what I remember of them... they are lighter/fluffier whereas I remember gelatine marshmallows being chewier... but either way I prefer them to any of the other brands I've tried, in particular because I think having them flavoured well meant they weren't sickly.

They also made vegan wagon wheels. I wish I'd tried them now!

Anyone got any good recommendations for Vegan friendly Andriod apps? All the ones Ive found seem to focus on 'Merican brands/companies and eaterys.