UK Product Thread

Provamel do a banana soy milk and a strawberry one too. Only in tiny cartons though - the size of a lunch box carton.

I once bought vanilla alpro by accident and made a white sauce for lasagne. I think you can all use your imagination for how that tasted :p

Reactions: ledboots
Apparently VX London or The Vegan Shop in Manchester (both have online stores), The Vegan Tuckbox are planning to sell them online in the future.

No good to me.
Not my fault! They're a european brand, so I don't know, perhaps you might be able to buy them somewhere in France.

I suppose they might make there way onto Goodness direct or Amazon at some stage
I hope so too. You can get a healthfood store to order them in from Marigold Healthfoods.

For vegan chocolate, they're quite good value for money, so I might buy some online at some point (especially if those places sell other chocolate/sweets I like).

I'm surprised there isn't more lobbying from lactose intolerant people. What chocolate can they buy at most garages? There is the Frys bar at both my local garages, but that's it I think.

Reactions: SummerRain
:p
Not my fault! They're a european brand, so I don't know, perhaps you might be able to buy them somewhere in France.

I hope so too. You can get a healthfood store to order them in from Marigold Healthfoods.

For vegan chocolate, they're quite good value for money, so I might buy some online at some point (especially if those places sell other chocolate/sweets I like).

If it were, you would get a telling off SR !

I just looked and they sell that stuff online at veecross who ship worldwide. idk about shipping costs though.
http://www.vegancross.com/product_p/vego.htm

that is an expensive chocolate bar! I guess it makes the tuck box seem cheap ha. I dont like "plain" chocolate, I only like the horrible sickly stuff that doesnt have much chocolate in it (like Fry's orange cream or praline) so for this to taste like Nutella it sounds tasty. Ive given up sugar though so no Vego for meeeee

My Vegusto No-Moo cheese review:

I got the starter pack, & really liked all the cheese, which is a first, as I find all the others
(Shesse etc) disgusting!

I particularly liked the 'Melty'. It was soft out the packet, so I spread it onto toast,
& I thought it made very good cheese on toast. It didn't change when it was melted, but it did heat up.
I had cheese on toast every day for a week!

I thought the sauce was really good too - I made two huge pots of macaroni cheese, which to me, tasted really good.

I was really impressed with them all, the cheddar one too, & the only reason I haven't bought more yet,
was because my diet was starting to consist of only Vegusto cheese!

This is old news, but in case anyone doesn't know...

If you type "vegan" in the Tesco online store, it now comes up with lots of products, 17 pages in my local store.
I've found lots of new things that I wouldn't have otherwise.

6 months ago, nothing came up when I typed vegan, so good progress.
I did find one thing marked as vegan, which had honey in it, so it's not always perfect though.

:up:
This is old news, but in case anyone doesn't know...

If you type "vegan" in the Tesco online store, it now comes up with lots of products, 17 pages in my local store.
I've found lots of new things that I wouldn't have otherwise.

6 months ago, nothing came up when I typed vegan, so good progress.
I did find one thing marked as vegan, which had honey in it, so it's not always perfect though.

That really is excellent news. No good to me but great for all the UK vegans. Well done Tesco !

I really liked the No-moo melty one but I haven't bought Vegusto for a while.

I saw this on MoneySavingExpert, this range of soya milk is available in some 99p stores, at two for 99p at the moment.

20130602-soymilk-vive-soy-range-2-cartons_zps04ad9e70.jpg
I saw these now stocked in my waitrose for 62p :)

that is good for me since I was never able to find a 99p shop I could easily get to haha. also funny that waitrose have something cheaper than a discount shop >.>

Yeah I jut so happened to be near a 99p shop on the day moll posted about them, but can never usually get to them.

Technically not cheaper as it was 2 for 99p :p
But good if you just want to try one & still cheap really!

I love waitrose. The majority of items are no dearer than other supermarkets anyway.

Yeah I jut so happened to be near a 99p shop on the day moll posted about them, but can never usually get to them.

Technically not cheaper as it was 2 for 99p :p
But good if you just want to try one & still cheap really!

I love waitrose. The majority of items are no dearer than other supermarkets anyway.

I also love Waitrose and have never seen a more elegant supermarket.