Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Spaghetti with the Italian sausage, peppers and onions from yesterday
Seitan sausage are something I should make large batches of to freeze
I hear you on the seitan sausages. I usually make a dozen when I make them. It's a long cooking session, but so worth it. In fact, my mom wants some for a spring brunch she wants to have in May. I couldn't believe she wanted to include them on the menu! So I will be making some soon. :)

• Love
Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
We got a takeaway last night. I had vegan chicken wings and mac & cheese. They gave us an extra mac & cheese by accident so I will probably have that later!

my honey made us a veggie stir fry last night, served on rice and I made air fried tofu marinated in Japanese BBQ sauce - it was pretty awful actually which is unusual for him/us - the tofu was the best part and I didn't think it was particularily good (it was the sauce that he made to go in the stir fry that wasn't tasty at all - I make much better sauces)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

One pot pasta, spicy (whole wheat organic, Italian) with a tomato/vegetable, bol sauce served with grated
Cathederal City Cheddar style cheeze/smoked chipotle flakes/yeast flakes plus a drizzle of evo.

Apple puree with a few drops of vanilla/Sojade yogurt and soya cream/sweetener.

I usually eat one big meal in the middle of the day and then have a snack at dinnertime while I learn how to function and cook more often. Today my dinner-ish meal (lol) was white rice with peas and broccoli, seasoned red lentils, and soy-marinated seitan. It was my very first time making it. The seasonings were great but I screwed up the actual seitan itself so it was interesting! I described it to my mom as it having the texture and lingering flavor of "boiled lumps of flour" so that was just wonderful. As for actual dinner time I just had some coconut strawberry yogurt with fruit, granola, and chia seeds. Yum!!!!

I usually eat one big meal in the middle of the day and then have a snack at dinnertime while I learn how to function and cook more often. Today my dinner-ish meal (lol) was white rice with peas and broccoli, seasoned red lentils, and soy-marinated seitan. It was my very first time making it. The seasonings were great but I screwed up the actual seitan itself so it was interesting! I described it to my mom as it having the texture and lingering flavor of "boiled lumps of flour" so that was just wonderful. As for actual dinner time I just had some coconut strawberry yogurt with fruit, granola, and chia seeds. Yum!!!!
Seitan can be tricky to make, but once you get the hang of it, it's great. I watched a lot of YouTube videos on making it and I found them very helpful. I don't remember which ones specifically, but there are plenty out there.

My first harvest of lions mane mushrooms are ready,. They look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to cook some tonight. I bought my grow kits locally, but you can easily order them online. They grow so easily. You really don't need much of a space. You could grow these in an apartment/flat. If you like mushrooms, I highly recommend people try growing their own. I wish I had tried this sooner!

Anyways, tonight I'll try Derek Sarno's lions mane steaks recipe.

well last night's meal was a huge hit.... spicy peanut noodles - I hafta say that I do a good job on these and it is soooo simple - this time I cut some garlic in large pieces and sauted them and the white part of green onions, slowly and then threw a pile of kale on top for it to melt down - the sauce I made from about 1 tbsp of peanut butter and another tablespoon or two of peanut butter powder, hot water, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, cayenne - cooked udon noodles for about 3 minutes, drained most of the water but left a bit and put them on top of the kale/garlic/onion, then poured the sauce over top - it was very soupy - mixed it all together and let it sit for about 15 minutes on low, stirring occasionally until the noodles soaked up all the sauce - served with the greens from the onions, sesame seeds and chopped peanuts on top - it was so tasty that we moaned while eating...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Oh no! Never boil. Was it washed flour or vital wheat gluten?

I'm thinking of seitan steaks right now, as I have some plain soymilk to use up, and fresh broccoli to steam
I like this recipe for quick steaks

Avocado toast (Ezekiel bread) seasoned with Everything but the Bagel and a side of veggie spring rolls. I didn't really feel like cooking (my allergies are still a mess). The avocado was perfectly ripe. I might have to make some guac tomorrow with the other one I have left.