Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Oh no! Never boil. Was it washed flour or vital wheat gluten?

I'm thinking of seitan steaks right now, as I have some plain soymilk to use up, and fresh broccoli to steam
I like this recipe for quick steaks
Ended up steaming the whole 2 pounds of broccoli, and making my fave cheese sauce. I had a loooottttt of broccoli!
and a tomato sandwich with my mayo, salt & pepper, on my sons crappy white bread. He'll buy that cheap loaf and only use maybe a third. I should make bread crumbs with it

Reactions: PTree15
And I didn't know there was such a thing as peanut butter powder.

There are a number of them, my favourite is PB&Me - I get the "no sugar added" version. Used to have to get it on Amazon however many of my local stores now carry it. PB&Me - Powdered Peanut Butter

Last night my honey made me a simple version of my noodley soup with lots of miso broth, kale, mushrooms, noodles, turmeric/pepper.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm simmering a seitan I let autolyze overnight-like 15 hours actually! It certainly formed some mighty strands without using the processor! I mixed in up in like 5 minutes before bed and stuck it in a bag to rest on counter. I knotted it up and seared with oil in cast iron, now in the Instant Pot in broth on slow cook. I've been using this boullion and it's incredibly flavorful Yes, it is vegan
1711820024154.png

I didn't know about PB powder until I saw it on a High Carb Hannah video. I haven't seen her in a while, thinking about it.

I had a sandwich with marinated "chicken" pieces and then some dark chocolate. I have some strawberries to have later.

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
My first harvest of lions mane mushrooms are ready,. They look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to cook some tonight. I bought my grow kits locally, but you can easily order them online. They grow so easily. You really don't need much of a space. You could grow these in an apartment/flat. If you like mushrooms, I highly recommend people try growing their own. I wish I had tried this sooner!

Anyways, tonight I'll try Derek Sarno's lions mane steaks recipe.
OMG! I've seen kits online, and need to get one! Never had lions mane, but they're so hyped for brain health, I need them!

Thank you all so much for the advice on the seitan. It was indeed just flour lol! I'm gonna go at it again this week with some more confidence hopefully! You guys are all so nice!
You were washing flour? I did that a few times, but I really didn't enjoy it, and don't find any benefit. Some people get a weird 'taste' from vwg and don't get it from washing the flour themselves, so they wash.
We have many seitan threads! I was gonna link one, but there are many. You can search 🔍 seitan to see them

I cooked some of my frozen seitan steaks with some stir fry veggies bagged that were on sale with onion, garlic, small bell peppers, teriyaki sauce, bbq sauce, lots of spices and hot sauce on mine. It was like a restaurant "mongolian beef" type thing.

Playing on the seitan topic. I made the steaks with vwg. Wash looks like a pain.

Last edited:
While the seitan is fantastic, the pizza dough is not :hmm:.
No idea what happened! I used to making bread, proofed the yeast, but after an hour rise it was like a bowl of rags, not like dough at all
Well, I thin sliced some of the dough and simmered for a while, makes great pasta like dumplings! well, ok...

I'm having a very non Easter dinner as we don't do anything special at this time of year. Southern fried "chicken" tenders with courgetti with pesto, vine tomatoes, cucumber and sweetcorn.

Last night I made a bomb vegan sesame chili mac for dinner. Desert was a berry salad dressed with an avocado-maple sauce that really enriched the flavors of the fruit. I made some for my dad but he didn't want any so I had it alllll to myself :imp: What's really funny is that the mac and cheese was supposed to plain but I accidentally used vanilla almond milk for my "cheese" sauce and just decided to roll with the flavor. It behaved really well with spice. I'm still dreaming about it 24 hours later, let me know if you guys want the ingredients. Tonight I'll be at Easter dinner with my non-veg family so I've packed some fruit to eat.

I wasn't feeling well enough last night to cook the dinner I was planning (Gardein turkey, mashed potatoes, root veggies etc) so my honey pulled the last of the chili from the freezer and made chili burritos - they were okay. Maybe Easter dinner later in the week.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com